Posted Date: May 10, 2018
Subject: 2019-2020 EDE Technical Reference (Spring Draft)
Federal Student Aid (FSA) is pleased to announce the posting of the draft 2019-2020 Electronic Data Exchange (EDE) Technical Reference. This draft includes the Record Layouts and the Processing Codes sections.
The EDE Technical Reference provides record layouts for schools or other organizations that need to design software systems to interface with the Central Processing System to process the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA®).
The following record layouts are included in this draft:
- EDE Record Level Error Report Import Record Layout
- Institutional Student Information Record (ISIR) Record Description/Data Dictionary
- FAFSA Application Export Record Layout
- Correction Export Record Layout
- Signature Record Export Record Layout
The ISIR Cross-Reference in the Processing Codes section compares the fields in the 2018-2019 ISIR Record Layout with the fields in the 2019-2020 ISIR Record Layout and is organized by the 2018-2019 fields.
If you have questions, contact CPS/SAIG Technical Support at 800/330-5947 (TDD/TTY 800/511-5806) or by e-mail at CPSSAIG@ed.gov.