Posted Date:September 23, 2015
Subject: 2016-2017 EDE Technical Reference (Draft)
We are pleased to announce the posting of the draft 2016-2017 Electronic Data Exchange (EDE) Technical Reference including the Institutional Student Information Record (ISIR) Record Layout and the ISIR Cross-Reference table.
The EDE Technical Reference provides record layouts for schools or other organizations that need to design software systems to interface with Federal Student Aid's application processing system to process student financial aid applications.
The following record layouts are included in this draft:
- EDE Record Level Error Report Import Record Layout
- ISIR Record Description/Data Dictionary
- Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA®) Application Export Record Layout
- Correction Export Record Layout
- Signature Record Export Record Layout
The ISIR Cross-Reference compares the fields in the 2015-2016 ISIR Record Layout with the fields in the 2016-2017 ISIR Record Layout and is organized by the 2015-2016 fields.
If you have questions, contact CPS/SAIG Technical Support at 800/330-5947 (TDD/TTY 800/511-5806) or by e-mail at CPSSAIG@ed.gov.