Posted Date:August 12, 2008
Subject: 2009-2010 EDE Technical Reference (August Draft)
Federal Student Aid is pleased to announce the posting of the draft 2009-2010 Electronic Data Exchange (EDE) Technical Reference Record Layouts, including the Institutional Student Information Record (ISIR) Record Layout, and the 2009-2010 ISIR Cross-Reference.
The EDE Technical Reference provides record layouts for schools or other organizations that need to design software systems to interface with Federal Student Aid's application processing system to process student financial aid applications.
The draft record layouts will ultimately become Section 3 of the 2009-2010 EDE Technical Reference scheduled for posting in October 2008. The draft cross-reference will be included in Section 4 of the October release.
The following record layouts are included in this draft:
- EDE Record Level Error Report Import Record Layout
- ISIR Record Description/Data Dictionary
- Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) Application Export Record Layout
- Correction Export Record Layout
- Signature Record Export Record Layout
- Academic Competitiveness Grant (ACG) Data File Record Layout
The Cross-Reference compares the fields in the 2008-2009 ISIR Record Layout with the fields in the 2009-2010 ISIR Record Layout and is organized by the 2008-2009 fields.
If you have any questions regarding the 2009-2010 EDE Technical Reference, contact CPS/SAIG Technical Support at 800/330-5947 (TDD/TTY 800/511-5806) or by e-mail at CPSSAIG@ed.gov.