Publication Date: April, 2003
Bulletin ID: DLB-03-16
Summary: Updates to the Funded Disbursement List
Posted on 04-17-2003
Subject: Updates to the Funded Disbursement List
This bulletin provides important information concerning changes to the Funded Disbursement List (FDL) that is produced for "Pushed Cash" schools.� Please review it carefully to determine how these changes may impact your use of the report.Â A sample FDL is attached to this bulletin.
Effective April 15, 2003, the Funded Disbursement List has been enhanced. The enhancements include:
- All disbursement and disbursement adjustment detail will appear on the report
- In most cases, the amount of the drawdown that a school will receive is the total amount of disbursements posted for the day reduced by downward disbursement adjustments.
- If a school has downward disbursement adjustments in excess of disbursements for a given day, a drawdown will not be initiated until additional disbursements or positive disbursement adjustments are received from the school.
- Refunds (excess cash) are not necessarily included on the report on the same day that the refund is received.Â They will be included on the report only if there are disbursement adjustments that net against them.
- Downward disbursement adjustments that have not netted against positive disbursements or refunds will carry forward until there are disbursements that can offset them. However, cash management regulations may require that funds be returned if there will not be any disbursements within regulated timeframes.
- The bottom of the report lists the amount of each drawdown generated on that day.
- The following messages will appear at the bottom of the report:
oÂ Â Â Â Â Â Â Downward Disbursement Adjustments appear in parenthesis
oÂ Â Â Â Â Â Â For the Disbursement Adjustments, the Net Adjusted Amount appears on report instead of the new disbursement amount.
oÂ Â Â Â Â Â Â Downward Disbursement Adjustments that haven't netted against positive disbursements or refunds will carry forward
If you have any questions concerning this bulletin, you may contact the COD School Relations Center at 800/848-0978. Staff is available Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. -8 p.m. (ET). You may also email inquiries to CODSupport@acs-inc.com. Thank you for your support of the COD system and your ongoing partnership in the Direct Loan Program.
Acting Director, Title IV Delivery