Posted Date:November 18, 2010
Subject: 2011-2012 Summary of Changes for the Application Processing System Guide
We are pleased to announce the posting of the 2011-2012 Summary of Changes for the Application Processing System guide. This guide provides information about changes and enhancements made to the application processing system for 2011-2012, including the following topics:
- Major changes to the 2011-2012 application processing system
- Application processing system schedule for 2011-2012
- 2011-2012 FAFSA, including information about ordering and distribution of FAFSA on the Web Worksheets
- 2011-2012 FAFSA on the Web
- 2011-2012 FAA Access to CPS Online (including Return of Title IV Funds and the ISIR Analysis Tool)
- 2011-2012 Central Processing System (CPS), including database matches, edits, need analysis, communications sent to students, and other notable changes
Enhancements to the Guide for 2011-2012
We held documentation feedback discussions at several Federal Student Aid conferences last year. As a result of comments we received from the community during these discussions, we have expanded this guide for 2011-2012 to include Web product enhancement details previously provided in the School Electronic Process Guide and the Student Web Application Products Process Guide, which have been discontinued. We believe this expanded, single process guide provides a comprehensive picture of changes for 2011-2012 across the application processing system.
In addition, one request from the feedback discussions was to provide a list of major changes that could be used by schools to train staff for the upcoming award year. We are providing this list in the form of an outline, included in this guide as an appendix. Schools can cut and paste this information into a word processing document and customize the text as needed to prepare staff for the upcoming award year.
If you have questions, contact CPS/SAIG Technical Support at 800/330-5947 (TDD/TTY 800/511-5806) or by e-mail at CPSSAIG@ed.gov.