Posted Date:December 6, 2018
|Author:||Federal Student Aid|
Subject: SAVE Instructions for U.S. Department of Education (School) Users Version 2.0 Available
Federal Student Aid (FSA) is pleased to announce the updated SAVE Instructions for School Users document, which incorporates and updates all SAVE system process and procedure changes from:
- The "DHS-SAVE Instructions for U.S. Department of Education (School) Users, Version 1.0" posted on May, 10, 2018;
- Subsequent Electronic Announcements (EAs) posted through September 4, 2018; and
- SAVE changes since September 4, 2018.
Financial Aid Administrators (FAAs) should replace the "DHS-SAVE Instructions for U.S. Department of Education (School) Users, Version 1.0," with "Version 2.0." In addition to information on the upcoming "Resend to Matches" option that will be available in FAA Access to CPS Online beginning February 2019, Version 2.0 contains instructions in the "Requesting a Third Step Verification" section, including:
- How to resolve a "No cases found" error message;
- What action is necessary for each of the five SAVE response messages;
- How to proceed if a SAVE response is not received within 15 business days of submission;
- How and when to resolve a "closed case" and request a new DHS verification number;
- How to check the Institutional Student Information Record (ISIR) DHS Match Flags for a confirmed eligible noncitizen status after FSA's Application Processing Division has resent a DHS verification number to SAVE;
- How to enter "Cuban/Haitian Entrant review requested" in the SAVE "Special comments" box;
- How to determine whether unusual immigration statuses are eligible for Title IV Aid, and;
- How to find help for SAVE system issues.
A DHS-SAVE, Eligible Noncitizen link has been established on the Information for Financial Aid Professionals (IFAP) website located under the "Information Links" on the right side of the IFAP website. This serves as a repository for all Electronic Announcements; SAVE system instruction documents; Federal Student Aid Handbook, Volume I, Chapter 2: U.S. Citizenship and Eligible Noncitizens; and other information related to eligible noncitizen issues.
For the most timely response, email your questions to:
- FSA at: email@example.com, or
- The SAVE Program Agency Relationship Manager at: Tommy.Benbow@uscis.DHS.gov.
(NOTE: Do not call the SAVE Call Center because they do not have a full understanding of our unique access).