Posted Date:February 2, 2017
|Author:||Pamela Eliadis, Service Director, System Operations & Aid Delivery Management, Federal Student Aid|
Subject: Beta Test Volunteers Needed for EDExpress 2017-2018, Release 2.0
We are recruiting schools and servicers to participate in the beta test of EDExpress for Windows 2017-2018, Release 2.0. Beta testing is scheduled to run from February 21 through March 3, 2017.
During this beta test, participants will focus on testing setup, import, and entry functionality in the William D. Ford Federal Direct Loan (Direct Loan), Federal Pell Grant (Pell Grant), and Teacher Education Assistance for College and Higher Education (TEACH) Grant modules.
During the beta test, participants download an in-development version of the EDExpress software and test documentation from an FTP site, replicate typical usage of the software in a mock-production environment, report any problems encountered, and submit a summary report detailing test findings and software suggestions for our analysis.
If you are interested in being considered as a beta test participant for Release 2.0, please send an email to CPSSAIG@ed.gov with the subject line “Attention: EDExpress 2017-2018 Release 2.0 Beta Testing” and provide the following information:
1) School name and TG number
2) Primary and secondary testing contact names, telephone numbers, and email addresses
3) Windows operating system version(s) for PC workstations accessing EDExpress
4) EDExpress operating environment (network/standalone). If your EDExpress database is stored on a network, please identify the network type and version.
5) Do you use EDExpress in combination with a mainframe system or 3rd party software to process loan data? If so, what type of mainframe system and/or 3rd party software do you use?
6) EDExpress module(s) you would like to test (please indicate Direct Loan, Pell Grant, TEACH Grant, or any combination of the three modules)
7) FTP download capability (i.e., can you upload and download files from an FTP server?)
We will select participants from a wide variety of processing environments to ensure a diverse and thorough testing of the software is performed.
We will contact all Release 2.0 beta test volunteers by February 15, 2017. If your school is selected for participation, further information will be provided by email at that time.
We appreciate your interest in EDExpress 2017-2018, Release 2.0 and look forward to hearing from you.