Posted Date:July 25, 2016
|Author:||Sue O'Flaherty, Service Director, Program Management, Federal Student Aid|
Subject: eCampus-Based Application for the Fiscal Operations Report for 2015-2016 and Application to Participate for 2017-2018 (FISAP) Now Available
The eCampus-Based application for the Fiscal Operations Report for 2015-2016 and Application to Participate for 2017-2018 (FISAP) is now available on the eCampus-Based (eCB) Web site.
Schools that wish to request funding under the Campus-Based programs for the 2017-2018 Award Year, and schools that had Campus-Based expenditures for the 2015-2016 Award Year, are required to electronically submit a FISAP via the eCB Web site. The deadline for the electronic submission of the FISAP is 11:59 P.M. (ET) on September 30, 2016. Transmission must be completed by 12:00 midnight on September 30, 2016.
In an Electronic Announcement dated June 16, 2016, schools were informed of the availability of the final 2017-2018 FISAP Form, Instructions, Desk Reference and 2017-2018 Technical Reference.
- Award year and date references have been updated and FISAP instructions have been clarified, as outlined in the June 16, 2016 Electronic Announcement.
- Only disbursements made from 2015-2016 funds should be reported in Part II, Section E, Field 23. If crossover payments are made from 2016-2017 funds, the disbursements should be reported in next year's FISAP (Fiscal Operations Report for 2016-2017 and Application to Participate for 2018-2019).
- It is important that all affected campus offices coordinate and reconcile the information reported in the school’s FISAP.
- If funds are drawn from G5 that exceed the amounts reported on the FISAP, a negative balance will result and the school will need to return funds to G5.
Example: If a school's Federal Work-Study (FWS) authorized amount was $50,000 and the school reported an expended amount of $40,000 on its FISAP, the school's award will be closed out at the expended amount of $40,000. If more than $40,000 has been drawn in G5, a negative balance for the amount over $40,000 will result and that amount must be returned.
- Appropriate Administrative Cost Allowance should be calculated and claimed (see Volume 6 of the FSA Handbook). Any change to this information will not be accepted after December 15, 2016.
- Report the Federal share of Perkins Loan Fund’s Excess Liquid Capital that your school returned to the Department in Part III, Section A, line 28 “Repayments of fund capital to federal government.”
- Report the institution share of Perkins Loan Fund’s Excess Liquid Capital that you returned to your school in Part III, Section A, line 30.2 “Distribution of excess/liquid fund capital.”
- If you encounter issues printing PDF files from the eCB Web site, review the information available at the PDF printing solution link at the top of the Self-Service page on the eCB Web site. Additional information about printing can be found in the .
For additional information about the FISAP or the referenced documents, contact the Campus-Based Call Center at 877nts, contact the Campus-Based Call Center at 877available Monday through Friday from 8:00 A.M. until 8:00 P.M. (ET). You may also e-mail CBFOB@ed.gov.