Posted Date:May 11, 2016
|Author:||Tom Parkinson, Intern Coordinator, Federal Student Aid|
Subject:: Employment Opportunities - Vacancy Announcement for Pathways Recent Graduate – Loan Analyst Internships at Federal Student Aid
These internship positions are located in the Department of Education, Federal Student Aid (FSA). FSA administers funds for Federal student financial assistance to help students and families pay for the cost of postsecondary education. FSA is the nation’s largest source of postsecondary education financial aid. FSA educates students and families about the process for obtaining aid, processes millions of aid applications, and disburses billions of aid dollars. FSA administers billions of dollars in existing guaranteed loans, services tens of millions of accounts, and partners with schools, financial institutions and guaranty agencies to prevent fraud, waste, and abuse.
EDUCATION-OFC OF FEDERAL STUDENT AID
Loan Analyst; GS-1101-7/9 (Pathways Recent Graduates Program)
Open Period: 05/11/2016 - 05/15/2016
This vacancy is limited to a certain number of applicants and may close before the close date listed here if that limit is reached.
Series/Grade: GS – 1101 - 07/09
Salary Range: $40,082.00 - $75,567.00
Promotion Potential: GS-11
- FEW in San Francisco, CA, US
- MANY in Washington DC, US
- FEW in Chicago, IL, US
- FEW in Kansas City, MO, US
As a Pathways Recent Graduate, Loan Analyst, GS-1101-7/9, you will perform the following duties:
- Assisting in the review and analysis of non-defaulted and defaulted loan accounts held by the Department and/or serviced by private sector professionals.
- Assisting in the resolution of accounts of varying levels of difficulty due from individuals who borrowed money under the federal student loan programs.
- Providing quality customer service in the program and system management and oversight of the student loan portfolio.
- Providing information to the borrower, vendors, Title IV community that may be applied to service student loan portfolio.
- Planning and organizing assignments for the most effective use of time is assisting in the resolution of accounts, evaluation of systems, training of Title IV community, and determining programmatic impacts.
- Conducting monitoring and oversight of complex segments of the student loan portfolio.
- Examining evaluating, selecting, developing, and summarizing borrower information, portfolio statistics, system expectations, security oversight, training delivery program management relating to the Title IV portfolio.
- Exercising delegated authority for resolving financial debts owed to the Federal Government, and administering the management and delivery of Title IV programs.
- Recommending and implementing innovative initiatives/campaigns for the most effective use of time and resources in resolving accounts and meeting productivity standards.
- Providing quality customer service by responding to customer concerns and disputes involving their student loan account.
In order to meet basic eligibility requirements for the Excepted Service Pathways Recent Graduates appointment, applicants must meet the definition of a “Recent Graduate” at the time of appointment. Recent Graduate means an individual must, within the previous two years (except for eligible veterans who were precluded from applying due to their military service obligation, have as much as six years after degree or certificate completion to apply), have completed a degree or certificate from a qualifying educational institution. Qualifying degrees include an associates, bachelors, masters, professional, doctorate, vocational, or technical degree.
Applicants who have not completed their educational degree requirements may apply and be considered for a Recent Graduate position prior to the position being filled; however, the individual must meet the definition of a Recent Graduate in order to be appointed as a Recent Graduate under the Pathways Program.
The definition of a “Recent Graduate” must be met prior to the start date. Academic unofficial transcript(s) must be provided by the closing date of the announcement. Failure to provide transcript will result in an ineligible rating.
For additional information, please visit: https://www.usajobs.gov/StudentsAndGrads
For a complete description of requirements, qualifications and application procedures for these Pathways Internship positions, please see the full job announcements at: