Posted Date:July 20, 2015
|Author:||Sue O'Flaherty, Service Director, Program Management, Federal Student Aid|
Subject: eCampus-Based Application for the Fiscal Operations Report for 2014-2015 and Application to Participate for 2016-2017 (FISAP) Now Available
The eCampus-Based application for the Fiscal Operations Report for 2014-2015 and Application to Participate for 2016-2017 (FISAP) is now available on the eCampus-Based (eCB) Web site.
Schools that wish to request funding under the Campus-Based programs for the 2016-2017 Award Year, and schools that had Campus-Based expenditures for the 2014-2015 Award Year, are required to electronically submit a FISAP via the eCB Web site. The deadline for the electronic submission of the FISAP is 11:59 P.M. (ET) on October 1, 2015. Transmission must be completed by 12:00 midnight on October 1, 2015.
In an Electronic Announcement dated April 23, 2015, schools were informed of the availability of the final 2016-2017 FISAP Form, Instructions, Desk Reference and 2016-2017 Technical Reference.
- Award year and date references have been updated and FISAP instructions have been clarified, as outlined in the April 23, 2015 Electronic Announcement.
- Only disbursements made from 2014-2015 funds should be reported in Part II, Section E, Field 23. If crossover payments are made from 2015-2016 funds, the disbursements should be reported in next year's FISAP (Fiscal Operations Report for 2015-2016 and Application to Participate for 2017-2018).
- It is important that all affected campus offices coordinate and reconcile the information reported in the school’s FISAP.
- If funds are drawn from G5 that exceed the amounts reported on the FISAP, a negative balance will result and the school will need to return funds to G5.
Example: If a school's Federal Work-Study (FWS) authorized amount was $50,000 and the school reported an expended amount of $40,000 on its FISAP, the school's award will be closed out at the expended amount of $40,000. If more than $40,000 has been drawn in G5, a negative balance for the amount over $40,000 will result and that amount must be returned.
- Appropriate Administrative Cost Allowance should be calculated and claimed (see Volume 6 of the FSA Handbook). Any change to this information will not be accepted after December 15, 2015.
- If you encounter issues printing PDF files from the eCB Web site, please review the information available at the PDF printing solution link at the top of the Self-Service page on the eCB Web site. Additional information about printing can be found in the .
For additional information about the FISAP or the referenced documents, please contact the Campus-Based Call Center at 877/801-7168. Customer service representatives are available Monday through Friday from 8:00 A.M. until 8:00 P.M. (ET). You may also e-mail CBFOB@ed.gov.