Posted Date:July 7, 2015
|Author:||Brenda Wensil, Chief Customer Experience Officer, Federal Student Aid|
Subject: New Financial Literacy Report at MyMoney.gov
I am pleased to announce the release of the Opportunities to Improve the Financial Capability and Financial Well-being of Postsecondary Students report available at MyMoney.gov. The report describes current efforts to enhance financial education among students to help them make informed decisions about choosing where and how to finance postsecondary education, and to aid students in making sound financial decisions when enrolled and beyond. Key topics include:
- Policies and resources to help students make decisions on college choice and financing;
- Tools for navigating the college search and decision-making process;
- Tools for navigating postsecondary education financing and repayment;
- Financial decisions facing currently enrolled students and recent graduates;
- Institutional efforts to improve the financial capability of enrolled students;
- Recommendations and next steps for higher education institutions
I encourage Financial Aid Administrators and others to utilize this information to support financial literacy efforts at their school.
The U.S. Department of Education is proud to be a member of the Financial Literacy and Education Commission (FLEC), established in 2003, to develop a national financial education web site (MyMoney.gov) and a national strategy on financial education.
Please submit your inquiries or comments to FinancialLiteracy@ed.gov.