Posted Date:April 23, 2015
|Author:||Sue O'Flaherty, Service Director, Program Management, Federal Student Aid|
Subject: Final FISAP Form, Instructions, Desk Reference, and Technical Reference for FISAP Due by October 1, 2015
The Fiscal Operations Report for 2014-2015 and Application to Participate for 2016-2017 (FISAP) has been approved by the Office of Management and Budget (OMB). We have posted the FISAP form, instructions, and Desk Reference to our Information for Financial Aid Professionals (IFAP) Web site. The FISAP itself will be available on the eCampus Based (eCB) Web site by August 1, 2015.
We have also posted the Technical Reference for the 2016-2017 FISAP that provides technical specifications and record layouts for schools or other organizations that wish to design custom software systems.
As announced in the Notice “Federal Perkins Loan, Federal Work-Study, and Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant programs; 2015-2016 Award Year Deadline Dates” published in the Federal Register on January 12, 2015 (80 FR 1495), the date by which a school must submit its 2016-2017 FISAP electronically and the required signature pages by either manual or eSignature processes is Thursday, October 1, 2015.
These documents and the reminders below will assist schools in completing the 2016-2017 FISAP.
Check Access to FISAP on the Web
If it has been more than 90 days since a user has logged on to the eCampus-Based Web site, the user’s password will need to be reset. Information on how to reset a password, register a Destination Point Administrator, and contact information for assistance is provided in the Desk Reference. The Desk Reference is also available online at the login page for the eCampus-Based Web site. All users should ensure their access to this Web site application is functional before needing to enter data to file the FISAP.
Changes to the FISAP
In addition to the award year and date references, the following changes have been made to the 2016-2017 FISAP form:
Part V, Section B. Item 4
- Item 4. FWS funds transferred to and spent in: (c) Work Colleges Program added.
Part V, Section B. Item 11
- The calculation for the Item 11 Total Federal Funds available for FWS has been revised to include Item 4(c).: (fields 1+2+3+4+5+6+7) minus (fields 4(a)+4(b)+4(c)+8+9+10).
Part V, Section E. Item 18
- The calculation for the Item 18 Expended FWS Authorization has been revised to include Item 4(c).: (fields 4(a)+4(b)+4(c)+8+9+1+17) minus (fields 2+3+5+6+7).
Changes to FISAP Instructions
In addition to annual award year, date references, and acronyms, the following changes have been made to the 2016-2017 FISAP Instructions:
The Legal Reason you Must Complete the Application to Participate
- The Disclosure of Estimated Burden statement has been revised.
Introduction to the FISAP
- Clarification has been added to the explanation for reporting for more than one institution.
Part I, Section A.
- Clarification has been added concerning Additional Institutions.
- Clarification has been added concerning FISAP Signature options.
Part II, Section C.
- Information concerning Title III/V eligibility and institutional share waivers has been moved to Appendix A.
Part II, Section D.
- A note concerning reporting graduate level data has been added.
Part II, Section F.
- Definitions of an Independent student have been revised to reflect the same information as the FAFSA®.
- Clarification has been added to the definition of an Eligible aid applicant.
- Information concerning the use of EDExpress reports to assist in completing the Part II and Part IV income grids has been moved to Appendix B.
Part V, Section B.
- Instructions for Item 4(c) have been added.
Part V, Section C.
- Clarification has been added to the introduction about correctly reporting the FWS institutional share.
- Information concerning eligibility to receive a waiver for the FWS/FSEOG Institutional Share Requirement has been expanded and added as Appendix A.
- Information concerning using EDExpress to print FISAP reports was removed from the body of the FISAP instructions and added as Appendix B.
For additional information about the draft versions of the 2016-2017 FISAP, instructions, and technical reference, contact the Campus-Based Call Center at 877/801-7168. Customer service representatives are available Monday through Friday from 8:00 A.M. until 8:00 P.M. (ET). You may also e-mail CBFOB@ed.gov.