Posted Date:July 21, 2014
|Author:||Sue O'Flaherty, Service Director, Program Management, Federal Student Aid|
Subject: eCampus-Based Application for the Fiscal Operations Report for 2013-2014 and Application to Participate for 2015-2016 (FISAP) Now Available
We are pleased to announce that the eCampus-Based application for the Fiscal Operations Report for 2013-2014 and Application to Participate for 2015-2016 (FISAP) is now available on the eCampus-Based (eCB) Web site.
Schools that wish to request funding under the Campus-Based programs for the 2015-2016 Award Year, and schools that had Campus-Based expenditures for the 2013-2014 Award Year, are required to electronically submit a FISAP via the eCB Web site. The deadline for the electronic submission of the FISAP is 11:59 P.M. (ET) on October 1, 2014. Transmission must be completed by 12:00 midnight on October 1, 2014.
In a June 30, 2014 Electronic Announcement, we informed schools of the availability of the final FISAP Form, Instructions, Desk Reference and Technical Reference. And, in a June 26, 2014 Electronic Announcement, we informed schools of the implementation of Electronic Signature (eSignature) and Two Factor Authentication (TFA) for the eCB Web site. These documents, as well as the following important reminders, will assist schools in completing, submitting, and signing the FISAP.
- We have updated award year and date references and clarified instructions as outlined in the June 30, 2014 Electronic Announcement.
- Only disbursements made from 2013-2014 funds should be reported in Part II, Section E, Field 23. If crossover payments are made from 2014-2015 funds, the disbursements should be reported in next year's FISAP (Fiscal Operations Report for 2014-2015 and Application to Participate for 2016-2017).
- It is important that all affected campus offices coordinate and reconcile the information a school reports in its FISAP.
- If funds are drawn from G5 that exceed the amounts reported on the FISAP, a negative balance will result and the school will need to return funds to G5.
Example: If a school's Federal Work-Study (FWS) authorized amount was $50,000 and the school reported on its FISAP an expended amount of $40,000, the school's award will be closed out at the expended amount of $40,000. If more than $40,000 has been drawn in G5, a negative balance for the amount over $40,000 will result and must be returned.
- A school that submits its FISAP by the deadline will have the opportunity to edit the submitted FISAP until December 15, 2014. Final information and expenditures must be updated by that time. See the 2014-2015 Award Year Deadline Dates for the Campus-Based Programs published in the Federal Register on January 15, 2014 (79 FR 2646).
- Be sure to calculate and claim any appropriate Administrative Cost Allowance (see Volume 6 of the FSA Handbook). Any change to this information will not be accepted after December 15, 2014.
- If you encounter issues printing PDFDecember 15, 2014.
- If you encounter issues printing PDFlable at the PDF printing solution link at the top of the Self-Service page on the eCB Web site. Additional information about printing can be found in the .
For additional information about the FISAP or the referenced documents, please contact the Campus-Based Call Center at 877/801-7168. Customer service representatives are available Monday through Friday from 8:00 A.M. until 8:00 P.M. (ET). You may also e-mail CBFOB@ed.gov.