Posted Date:February 8, 2013
|Author:||William Leith, Service Director, Program Management, Federal Student Aid|
Subject: Removal of Data for Closed Award Years from Production Environment
During the weekend of February 15-18, 2013, we will remove data for closed years from the Common Origination and Disbursement (COD) System's production environment. As a general rule, schools no longer need to submit data to the COD System or access data via the COD Web site for these closed years.
In this announcement, we provide the following important information related to the change:
- COD Batch Processing Suspension and Web Site Outage Information
- COD Data Removal for Closed Years Effective February 18, 2013
- Contact Information
We appreciate your patience and understanding as we complete this important activity.
COD Batch Processing Suspension and Web Site Outage Information
To implement the COD System change, we will suspend COD batch processing beginning at 8:00 P.M. (ET) on Friday, February 15, 2013. Records submitted after this time will be held and processed after 12:00 P.M. (ET) on Monday, February 18, 2013.
In addition, between 8:00 P.M. (ET) on Friday, February 15, 2013 and 12:00 P.M. (ET) on Monday, February 18, 2013—
- Users will not be able to submit or retrieve data via the COD Web site.
- Users will not be able to access the COD Reports area of the COD Web site.
- An individual will not be able to complete online Direct Loan Entrance Counseling, complete a new Master Promissory Note (MPN) electronically, complete a Direct PLUS Loan Request electronically, endorse a Direct PLUS Loan electronically, complete an Income-Based Repayment plan application electronically or view loan correspondence via the StudentLoans.gov Web site.
- An individual will not be able to complete TEACH Grant Initial and Subsequent Counseling, complete a new TEACH Grant Agreement to Serve (ATS), or retrieve an existing ATS via the TEACH Grant Web site.
COD Data Removal for Closed Years Effective February 18, 2013
During the period February 15-18, 2013, we will remove Federal Pell Grant (Pell Grant) and Direct Loan data from the COD System's production environment for the following closed years:
Pell Grant Closed Award Year
- 2006-2007 Award Year
Direct Loan Closed Program Year
- 2009-2010 Program Year
The February 15-18, 2013 removal of Pell Grant and Direct Loan data for the identified closed years from the COD System's production environment will have the following impact:
If you have questions about this announcement, contact the COD School Relations Center at 800/474-7268 for Grants or 800/848-0978 for Direct Loans. You may also e-mail CODSupport@acs-inc.com.