Posted Date:November 2, 2012
|Author:||William Leith, Service Director, Program Management, Federal Student Aid|
Subject: Additional COD System Implementation for 2012-2013 Award Year
As explained in a March 2, 2012 Electronic Announcement on the Information for Financial Aid Professionals (IFAP) Web site, we implemented Common Origination and Disbursement (COD) System functionality to support 2012-2013 Award Year processing. During the period November 9-11, 2012, we plan to implement additional COD System functionality for the 2012-2013 Award Year.
In this announcement, we provide the following important information related to the implementation:
- COD Batch Processing Suspension and Web Site Outage Information
- COD System Processing Function Enhancements and Modifications Effective November 11, 2012
- Contact Information
We appreciate your patience and understanding as we complete this important activity.
COD Batch Processing Suspension and Web Site Outage Information
To install the additional COD System functionality, we will suspend COD batch processing from 8:00 P.M. (ET) on Friday, November 9, 2012 until 11:00 A.M. (ET) on Sunday, November 11, 2012. Records submitted during this this time will be held and processed after 11:00 A.M. (ET) on Sunday, November 11, 2012.
Note: All actual disbursements with a disbursement date from November 9, 2012 through November 11, 2012 must be received by the COD System no later than 9:00 AM (ET) on Friday, November 9, 2012, and subsequently accepted by the COD System, in order to be included in the drawdown prior to the outage. Disbursements submitted by the deadline but not subsequently accepted, disbursements submitted after the deadline, and disbursements with a disbursement date after November 11, 2012 will be processed and funded after the outage.
In addition, between 8:00 P.M. (ET) on Friday, November 9, 2012 and 11:00 A.M. (ET) on Sunday, November 11, 2012—
- Users will not be able to submit or retrieve data via the COD Web site.
- Users will not be able to access the COD Reports area of the COD Web site.
- An individual will not be able to complete online Direct Loan Entrance Counseling, complete a new Master Promissory Note (MPN) electronically, complete a Direct PLUS Loan Request electronically, endorse a Direct PLUS Loan electronically, complete an Income-Based Repayment plan application electronically, or view loan correspondence via the StudentLoans.gov Web site.
- An individual will not be able to complete TEACH Grant Initial and Subsequent Counseling, complete a new TEACH Grant Agreement to Serve (ATS), or retrieve an existing ATS via the TEACH Grant Web site.
Note: Monday, November 12, 2012 is the Veterans Day federal holiday. Information regarding processing impacts due to the Veterans Day federal holiday is provided in a November 2, 2012 Electronic Announcement.
COD System Processing Function Enhancements and Modifications Effective November 11, 2012
In the attachment to this announcement titled “Additional COD System Processing Function Enhancements and Modifications for 2012-2013,” we highlight the processing function enhancements and modifications we will implement during the November 9-11, 2012 period.
If you have questions about this announcement or its attachment, contact the COD School Relations Center at 800/474-7268 for Grants or 800/848-0978 for Direct Loans. You may also e-mail CODSupport@acs-inc.com.