Posted Date:May 10, 2012
|Author:||William Leith, Service Director, Program Management, Federal Student Aid|
Subject: Reminder - Retrieving the Pell Grant LEU Report Through the School's Reporting Newsbox on the COD Web site
As explained in a March 2, 2012 Electronic Announcement, the Federal Pell Grant (Pell Grant) Lifetime Eligibility Used (LEU) report is a Web-only report that is available in a school's Reporting Newsbox on the Common Origination and Disbursement (COD) Web site. Until the COD System, the National Student Loan Data System (NSLDS), and the Central Processing System (CPS) are updated in July 2012 with prior years Pell Grant data, the Pell Grant LEU report will be the only tool a school can use to evaluate LEU data for Pell Grant recipients whose total LEU is greater than or equal to 450 percent.
To retrieve your school's Pell Grant LEU Report, please follow these steps:
- Log into the COD Web site and select the "Services" tab located on the blue navigation bar.
- Click on the hyperlink (https://codreports.cod.ed.gov) in the middle of the screen. A separate window will open, displaying your school's Newsbox.
- Displayed on the screen will be folders for Direct Loan (DL), Pell Grant (PL), and/or TEACH Grant (TH). Click on the Pell Grant (PL) hyperlink.
- The Pell Grant LEU Report (as well as other available reports for the Pell Grant Program) will appear on the screen.
Note: Based on an individual's user level, the screens to select school, program, and/or reports may differ slightly.
- To access the current version of the Pell Grant LEU Report, click on the hyperlink labeled "Pell Lifetime Eligibility Used." The report will open in a separate window and can be saved to your computer.
Note: If you wish to view a previous version of the report, click on the word "Actions" located directly below the report name. Next, click on the "Previous versions" link. Determine the date you would like to view, then click on the "Delimited text" link next to the report date that you need.
In some cases, a school may not have a Pell Grant LEU Report in the Pell Grant Reporting Newsbox. This most likely is the result of one of the following factors:
- None of a school's 2012-2013 applicants have a Pell Grant LEU of 450% or greater.
- The school/campus does not have a unique Federal School Code.
- The school/campus does not have a unique Pell Grant ID associated with its location in the COD System.
For more information about how to access and use COD reports, please refer to the COD Computer-Based Training (CBT) modules for Grant Reports and Direct Loan Reports located on the Information for Financial Aid Professionals (IFAP) Web site under the Tools for Schools menu.
For a complete listing of all COD reports, their availability on the COD Web site, as well as accessing these reports from your school's Student Aid Internet Gateway (SAIG) mailbox, please refer to the Volume VI, Section 8 of the 2012-2013 COD Technical Reference.
If you have questions, contact the COD School Relations Center at 800/474-7268 for Grants. You may also e-mail CODSupport@acs-inc.com.