Posted Date:April 25, 2012
|Author:||Jana Hernandes, Service Director, Operations, Federal Student Aid|
Subject: Release of the 2010-2011 Experimental Sites Initiative Data Analysis Report
We are pleased to announce the availability of the report, “Analysis of the Experimental Sites Initiative: 2010-11.” This report contains findings from the 76 schools participating in the seven currently active experiments. These experiments include:
- Loan proration practices for graduating borrowers;
- Overaward tolerance and the disbursement of loan funds;
- Inclusion of loan fees in the calculation of student cost of attendance;
- Credit of Title IV funds to otherwise non-allowable institutional charges;
- Credit of Title IV funds to prior term charges;
- Alternative entrance loan counseling procedures; and
- Alternative exit loan counseling procedures.
The quantitative data provided on annual reporting templates, comments supplied by participating schools and monitoring of institutional loan default rates generally suggest that the flexibility accompanying the experiments result in non-trivial administrative cost savings without any indication of an increase in loan defaults.
The full report is available on the Experimental Sites Web site at the following link:
If you have questions about the report, contact David Rhodes at firstname.lastname@example.org.