Posted Date:April 6, 2012
|Author:||William Leith, Service Director, Program Management, Federal Student Aid|
Subject: Additional COD System Implementation for 2012-2013 Award Year
As explained in a March 2, 2012 Electronic Announcement on the Information for Financial Aid Professionals (IFAP) Web site, we implemented Common Origination and Disbursement (COD) System functionality to support 2012-2013 Award Year processing. On April 15, 2012, we plan to implement additional COD System functionality for the 2012-2013 Award Year.
In this announcement, we provide the following important information related to the implementation:
- COD Batch Processing Suspension and Web Site Outage Information
- COD System Processing Function Enhancements and Modifications Effective April 15, 2012
- Contact Information
We appreciate your patience and understanding as we complete this important activity.
COD Batch Processing Suspension and Web Site Outage Information
To install the additional COD System functionality, we will suspend COD batch processing from 5:00 A.M. (ET) to 11:00 A.M. (ET) on Sunday, April 15, 2012. Records submitted during this this time will be held and processed after 11:00 A.M. (ET) on Sunday, April 15, 2012.
In addition, between 5:00 A.M. (ET) and 11:00 A.M (ET) on Sunday, April 15, 2012—
- Users will not be able to submit or retrieve data via the COD Web site.
- Users will not be able to access the COD Reports area of the COD Web site.
- An individual will not be able to complete online Direct Loan Entrance Counseling, complete a new Master Promissory Note (MPN) electronically, complete a Direct PLUS Loan Request electronically, endorse a Direct PLUS Loan electronically, or view loan correspondence via the StudentLoans.gov Web site.
- An individual will not be able to complete TEACH Grant Initial and Subsequent Counseling, complete a new TEACH Grant Agreement to Serve (ATS), or retrieve an existing ATS via the TEACH Grant Web site.
COD System Processing Function Enhancements and Modifications Effective April 15, 2012
In the attachment to this announcement titled "Additional COD System Processing Function Enhancements and Modifications for 2012-2013," we highlight the processing function enhancements and modifications we will implement on April 15, 2012 period. We also provide information about the three other attachments listed below: Pell Grant LEU Report Layout, Pell Grant LEU E-mail Text, and Student Aid on the Web Pell Grant LEU Page.
If you have questions about this announcement or its attachments, contact the COD School Relations Center at 800/474-7268 for Grants or 800/848-0978 for Direct Loans. You may also e-mail CODSupport@acs-inc.com.