Posted Date:December 20, 2011
|Author:||William Leith, Service Director, Program Management, Federal Student Aid|
Subject: Issue Alert: Use Student Inquiry to Access FAA Correction Entry in 2011-2012 FAA Access to CPS Online until 2012-2013 Start-Up
We are alerting all users of the FAA Access to CPS Online Web site that the dropdown option for 2011-2012 is currently not available for the FAA Correction Entry function due to issues resulting from system updates we implemented to the site on December 18, 2011. All other correction functionality is available on the FAA Access to CPS Online Web site, and a workaround to submit corrections using Student Inquiry or the Verification Tool is described below.
Access to the FAA Correction Entry function will be restored for all available cycles when the 2012-2013 version of the FAA Access to CPS Online Web site is made available at start-up for 2012-2013.
To submit corrections to student records between now and 2012-2013 start-up using the FAA Access to CPS Online Web site, we recommend you use the Student Inquiry function or the Verification Tool.
To use the Student Inquiry function, follow these steps:
1) Go to https://faaaccess.ed.gov/FOTWWebApp/faa/faa.jsp, click “Next,” and log into the site using your FSA User ID and password.
2) Select “Student Inquiry” from the main menu.
3) Enter your TG number and Federal School Code, then select the 2011-2012 school year.
4) Enter the student’s information on the Student Inquiry screen, select the 2011-2012 school year, and click “Submit.” This will display a list of ISIR transactions on file.
5) Select the transaction number you want to correct.
6) Click the “Make Corrections” button on the Processing Information screen. From this screen, you can update the student’s information and submit the correction record, just as you would using the FAA Correction Entry feature.
Schools may also choose to submit corrections by selecting the "Make Corrections" button from the 2011-2012 Verification Tool.
Note: Some users have also reported difficulties logging into the FAA Access to CPS Online Web site following the December 18, 2011 updates, including receiving an error message stating “FAFSA on the Web is currently unavailable due to scheduled maintenance.” In the majority of these cases, we have identified outdated or incorrect browser bookmarks to the FAA Access to CPS Online Web site as the cause. Before contacting CPS/SAIG Technical Support for login assistance in these cases, we recommend you open your browser, delete your current FAA Access to CPS Online bookmark, and create a new bookmark that points to https://faaaccess.ed.gov/FOTWWebApp/faa/faa.jsp.
We regret any inconvenience these issues may have caused you. If you have any questions regarding this message, contact CPS/SAIG Technical Support at 800/330-5947 (TDD/TTY 800/511-5806) or by e-mail at CPSSAIG@ed.gov.
You can also post questions regarding the FAA Access to CPS Online Web site to FSATECH. FSATECH is an electronic mailing list for technical questions about Federal Student Aid systems, software, and mainframe products. For more information on subscribing to FSATECH, go to http://www.ed.gov/offices/OSFAP/services/fsatechsubscribe.html.