Posted Date:September 1, 2011
|Author:||William Leith, Service Director, Program Management, Federal Student Aid|
Subject: End of Federal Fiscal Year 2011 - Impact on Funds Availability for Campus-Based, ACG, Iraq and Afghanistan Service Grant, National SMART Grant, Pell Grant, TEACH Grant, and Direct Loan Programs (G5 and COD System)
Friday, September 30, 2011 marks the end of the Federal fiscal year for the Department of Education (the Department). Some of the Department’s core financial systems, including G5, will be on a modified processing schedule while the Department finalizes its processing and accounting for Fiscal Year 2011. These interruptions will impact how the Common Origination and Disbursement (COD) System will process financial data and when schools can obtain funds for the Federal student aid programs as follows:
- Wednesday, September 28, 2011 through Monday, October 3, 2011 – The COD System will accept Academic Competitiveness Grant (ACG), Iraq and Afghanistan Service Grant, National Science and Mathematics Access to Retain Talent Grant (National SMART Grant), Federal Pell Grant (Pell Grant), Teacher Education Assistance for College and Higher Education (TEACH) Grant, and William D. Ford Federal Direct Loan (Direct Loan) records. However, after 10:00 A.M. (ET) on Wednesday, September 28, 2011, CFL changes (as a result of actual disbursements) and funding will not be processed by G5 until October 3, 2011.
All actual disbursements with a disbursement date from September 28, 2011 through October 3, 2011 must be received by the COD System no later than 10:00 A.M. (ET) on Wednesday, September 28, 2011, and subsequently accepted by the COD System, in order to generate the appropriate funding level increase prior to the G5 shutdown. Disbursements submitted by the deadline but not subsequently accepted, disbursements submitted after the deadline, and disbursements with a disbursement date after October 3, 2011 will be funded after G5 re-opens on October 3, 2011.
Note: In other Electronic Announcements posted on September 1, 2011, we provide comprehensive information related to activities and deadlines that coincide with the end of the Federal fiscal year. These announcements include information regarding the deadline for 2010-2011 ACG, Iraq and Afghanistan Service Grant, National SMART Grant, and Pell Grant awards and the 2010-2011 TEACH Grant Closeout deadline. Schools should also refer to these announcements to ensure that 1) all necessary reports are obtained and 2) all applicable 2010-2011 origination, disbursement, and change records are submitted and accepted prior to the outages.
- 9:00 P.M. (ET) on Friday, September 30, 2011 through 6:00 A.M. (ET) on Monday, October 3, 2011 – The G5 Web site will not be available. Schools will not be able to draw down Campus-Based, ACG, Iraq and Afghanistan Service Grant, National SMART Grant, Pell Grant, TEACH Grant, or Direct Loan funds during this period. Schools will be able to draw down under their existing authorizations after 6:00 A.M. (ET) on Monday, October 3, 2011.
We appreciate your patience and understanding as we complete the required activities during the upcoming period. We expect financial processing to be caught up during the week of October 3, 2011.
If you have any questions about this announcement, contact one of the following help desks:
- For questions related to G5, contact the G5/GAPS Hotline at 888/336-8930 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For questions related to the Campus-Based programs, contact the Campus-Based Call Center at 877/801-7168. You may also e-mail CBFOB@ed.gov.
- For questions related to the COD System, contact the COD School Relations Center at 800/474-7268 for Grants or 800/848-0978 for Direct Loans. You may also e-mail CODSupport@acs-inc.com.