Posted Date:May 28, 2009
Author: Pamela Eliadis, Service Director, System Operations & Aid Delivery Management, Federal Student Aid
Subject: SAIG and Web Site Outages Planned for May 31, 2009
From 5:00 A.M. until 11:30 P.M. (ET) on Sunday, May 31, 2009, we need to execute a maintenance activity that will impact Student Aid Internet Gateway (SAIG) file transmission and a majority of our Web sites. Please review the information in this announcement and evaluate impact on your school or organization during the period when the SAIG and affected Web sites will be unavailable. We apologize for the short notice about these outages; however, it is important that we complete the work over the upcoming weekend.
Note: Routine Web site maintenance that occurs each weekend will also be completed as scheduled and announced through other communications methods. In addition, earlier in the weekend there will be maintenance activities that impact the Central processing System (CPS) Web Applications and the Common Origination and Disbursement (COD) System. Refer to the “COD Processing Update” posted on the COD Web site for an explanation of the COD System activity.
SAIG File Submission Impact on Sunday, May 31, 2009
From 5:00 A.M. until 11:30 P.M. (ET) on Sunday, May 31, 2009, file transmission via the SAIG will be interrupted. Users attempting to transmit files via the SAIG during the outage period will receive an “Error code-1” message informing them that the SAIG is unavailable. Data must be transmitted at a later time, after the outage is complete.
Web Site Impact on Sunday, May 31, 2009
From 5:00 A.M. until 11:30 P.M. (ET) on Sunday, May 31, 2009, users will be unable to access the Web sites listed below. Users attempting to access a Web site during this period will receive an error message informing them that the page cannot be found.
- Coalition of Federal Ombudsmen
- CPS Web Applications Demo System (FAA Access to CPS Online Demo, FAFSA Demo, and ISIR Analysis Tool Demo)
- Direct Consolidation Loans
- Direct Loan Electronic Master Promissory Note (MPN)
- Direct Loan Servicing Online (for borrowers)
- eCampus-Based (eCB)
- Electronic Cohort Default Rate Appeals (eCDR Appeals)
- Experimental Sites
- FAA Access to CPS Online (including ISIR Analysis Tool and R2T4 on the Web)
- FAFSA on the Web
- Federal Student Aid Acquisition Information
- Federal Student Aid Conferences
- Federal Student Aid for Counselors
- Federal Student Aid Ombudsman
- Federal Student Aid PIN
- Financial Partners Datamart
- Financial Partners Portal
- Information for Financial Aid Professionals (IFAP)
- National Student Loan Data System (NSLDS) Professional Access
- National Student Loan Data System (NSLDS) Student Access
- Student Aid on the Web
- TEACH Grant
- Teacher Cancellation Low Income Directory
- XML Registry and Repository for Education Community
We appreciate your patience and understanding as we complete the required activity during the upcoming period.