Publication Date: March 5, 2007
Author: Jennifer Douglas, General Manager, Student Aid Awareness and Applicant Services Channel, Federal Student Aid
Summary: A New Look and Organization for Student Aid on the Web!
Posted on 03-05-2007
Federal Student Aid is pleased to announce that we have made exciting changes to the appearance and organization of Student Aid on the Web (SAOTW). As you are aware, SAOTW provides essential information for students, parents and counselors preparing for education beyond high school.
The road signs are gone! In their place, you will see such improvements as:
- A look that is simpler and less cluttered.
- Site pages are rearranged for easier access to information and navigation. For example, we have organized topics into three categories: "Applying for College", "Applying for Financial Aid" and "MyFSA". However, the URLs did not change-good news for those who have bookmarked pages on the site.
- New features:
- "How to Use Our Site" introduces newcomers to the major sections of the site including the search wizards, our publications, and the personalized MyFSA account.
- "Federal Student Aid Programs" provides links to each Title IV program.
- "Tools and Resources" gathers in one place links to financial aid and career Web sites and publications.
- A Home page with seven rotating images.
Check out SAOTW's new "look and feel" at studentaid.ed.gov.