Publication Date: February 21, 2007
Author: G. Kay Jacks, General Manager, Application, Operations and Delivery Services, Federal Student Aid
Summary: Upcoming Distribution of Annual DPA Roster
Posted on 02-21-2007As announced on February 15, 2007, Federal Student Aid and CPS/SAIG Technical Support will be sending two reports from the Participation Management system through the Student Aid Internet Gateway (SAIG) that are designed to assist you in managing your TG numbers and your staff's access to Federal Student Aid secure data systems. This is to alert schools to the posting of the first of those two reports.
On February 22, 2007, Federal Student Aid will place a Destination Point Administrator (DPA) Roster in all "Primary" TG number mailboxes. The DPA Roster will be sent under the message class DPARSTRS. The Primary TG Number is defined as the first TG number that was created for an organization, not necessarily the one the organization uses to send and receive files. To retrieve your Primary TG Number, log into the "Review Your Organization's Mailboxes" feature on the SAIG Enrollment site (http://FSAwebenroll.ed.gov).
Federal Student Aid and CPS/SAIG Technical Support will post a subsequent announcement before sending the second report, the Financial Aid Administrator (FAA) Roster.
The DPA Roster enables schools to monitor which employees currently possess TG numbers. Although schools may want to delete the names of staff who no longer have access to certain TG numbers, this report only pertains to deleting Destination Points/TG numbers. The upcoming FAA Roster will describe how to delete the names of FAA staff who no longer need access. To delete a Destination Point, go to the SAIG Enrollment site (http://FSAwebenroll.ed.gov) and follow the procedures provided at the end of this message.
After the DPA Roster is placed in your Primary TG Number mailbox, you will need to download the file with EDconnect by either performing an "All Data, All Messages" request or by selecting to receive the DPARSTRS message class. After you have downloaded the file, the DPA Roster will appear in the EDconnect Activity Log under the message class DPARSTRS. You can print the file directly from your Activity Log or by using a text editor such as Microsoft Word. To print the file from the Activity Log, double-click the file name in the File Name field. EDconnect will display the file in a text format so that you can easily print it.
The printed DPA Roster will contain the following information:
1. Customer Number: This number was created when the first (Primary) TG number was assigned to your organization.
2. Organization Name: This is the name your organization provided when you enrolled with the SAIG.
3. Primary TG Number: This is typically the first TG number created for your organization. It may or may not be the TG number that sends and receives data for your organization.
4. Destination Point Name: This is the name on file for your Primary TG Number.
5. Destination Point Administrator: This is the name of the employee who is on file as the owner of your Primary TG Number.
6. Secondary Destination Point Administrator: This is the name of the employee who is he backup person for the DPA of your Primary TG Number. Secondary DPAs are optional, so there may not be a Secondary DPA listed.
7. A list of all active TG numbers that Participation Management has on file for your organization along with the services on file for each TG number.
How to Delete a Destination Point:
1. Go to the SAIG Enrollment site (http://FSAwebenroll.ed.gov) and click the "Enroll for SAIG Mailbox" icon.
2. Select "Delete a Destination Point (TG number/mailbox)."
3. Enter the Primary TG Number for your organization. Click "Next."
4. Enter the authentication information for the Primary TG Number. Click
5. Review the listing of TG numbers under the Primary TG Number.
6. Click the TG number you want to delete.
7. Review the services that are associated with the TG number that you want to delete. If you still want to delete the TG number, click "Delete." If batch services are connected to the TG number, a warning box will appear. Click "OK" to continue with the deletion.
8. At this point, the TG number has been inactivated and all services have been removed from that TG number.
9. To delete another TG number, click "Return to TG Selection."
If you have any questions, contact CPS/SAIG Technical Support at 800/330-5947 (TDD/TTY 800/511-5806) or by e-mail at CPSSAIG@ed.gov.