Publication Date: February 17, 2006
Author: G. Kay Jacks, General Manager, FSA Application, School Eligibility and Delivery Services
Summary: Upcoming Distribution of Annual DPA Roster
Posted on 02-17-2006
As announced on February 1, 2006, Federal Student Aid and CPS/SAIG Technical Support will be sending two reports through the Student Aid Internet Gateway (SAIG) designed to assist you in managing your TG numbers and your staff's access to Federal Student Aid secure data systems.
The first report we will be sending is the Destination Point Administrator (DPA) Roster, which will be sent on February 21, 2006 to all Primary TG Numbers under the message class DPARSTRS. The Primary TG Number is the first TG number that was created for your organization, not necessarily the one you use to send and receive data through the SAIG. To determine your Primary TG Number, log in to the "Review Your Organization's Mailboxes" feature on the SAIG Enrollment site (http://fsawebenroll.ed.gov).
Federal Student Aid and CPS/SAIG Technical Support will post an announcement before sending the second report, the Financial Aid Administrator (FAA) Roster.
The DPA Roster enables you to monitor who at your organization currently possess TG numbers. If you find TG numbers you want to delete after reviewing the DPA Roster, go to the SAIG Enrollment site (http://fsawebenroll.ed.gov) to delete them. Procedures for deleting TG numbers are provided at the end of this message.
You can download the DPA Roster with EDconnect by making a request for all files in your mailbox or by making a request for the DPARSTRS message class only. After you have downloaded the file, it will appear in the EDconnect Activity Log. You can open it directly from the Activity Log or by using text editing software such as Microsoft Word. To open the file from the Activity Log, double-click the file name in the File Name field. EDconnect will display the file in a text format so you can print it. To open it using a text editor, make a note of the name and location of the file as listed in the Activity Log, start your text editing software, and browse to the file to open it.
The DPA Roster displays the following information:
1. Customer Number: A number that was assigned when the first (Primary) TG number was created for your organization.
2. Organization Name: The name your organization provided when you enrolled with the SAIG.
3. Primary TG Number: The first TG number that was created for your organization. It may or may not be the TG number that your organization uses for sending and receiving data.
4. Destination Point Name: The name on file for your Primary TG Number.
5. Destination Point Administrator: The name of the employee who is on file as the owner of your Primary TG Number.
6. Secondary Destination Point Administrator: The name of the employee who is on file as the backup for the DPA of your Primary TG Number. Secondary DPAs are optional, so there may not be a Secondary DPA listed.
7. All active TG numbers on file for your organization, along with the services for each TG number.
If you find you want to delete a TG number:
1. Go to the SAIG Enrollment site (http://fsawebenroll.ed.gov) and click the "Enroll for SAIG Mailbox" icon.
2. Select "Delete a Destination Point (TG number/mailbox)."
3. Enter the Primary TG Number for your organization. Click "Next."
4. Enter the authentication information for the Primary TG Number. Click "Next."
5. Review the listing of TG numbers under the Primary TG Number.
6. Click the TG number you want to delete.
7. Review the services that are associated with the TG number that you want to delete. If you still want to delete the TG number, click "Delete." If batch services are connected to the TG number, a warning box will appear. Click "OK" to continue with the deletion.
8. At this point, the TG number has been inactivated and all services have been removed from that TG number.
9. To delete another TG number, click "Return to TG Selection."
If you have any questions regarding this message, contact CPS/SAIG Technical Support at 800/330-5947 (TDD/TTY 800/511-5806) or by e-mail at CPSSAIG@ed.gov.