Publication Date: September 8, 2005
Author: General Manager, School Eligibility Channel, FSA ASEDS
Summary: Availability of the 2006-2007 Renewal FAFSA Process Guide
Posted on 09-08-2005We are pleased to announce the posting of the 2006-2007 Renewal FAFSA Process Guide on the U.S. Department of Education's Federal Student Aid Download (FSAdownload) Web site, located at http://fsadownload.ed.gov.
The Department of Education is making several major changes to the renewal application process for the 2006-2007 cycle. The biggest change is that all renewal-eligible applicants will now use the Web to reapply for aid because paper Renewal FAFSAs will no longer be printed and mailed. All renewal-eligible applicants can access Renewal FAFSA on the Web using their PIN to complete, sign, and submit a 2006-2007 Renewal FAFSA.
The 2006-2007 Renewal FAFSA Process Guide provides useful information to financial aid administrators about this change and other important enhancements for 2006-2007. A schedule of important dates and samples of the Renewal Reminders that are sent to renewal-eligible students are also provided in the guide.
To view or download this document from FSAdownload, follow these steps:
1) Go to http://fsadownload.ed.gov.
2) Click on the "Technical References and Guides" link on the home page.
3) Scroll down to "Renewal FAFSA Process Guide" and click on the "2006-2007" link.
4) Select the "Adobe Format" link on the following page to view the document, or right-click on the link and choose "Save Target As " or "Save Link As " from the pop-up menu to save the document to your hard drive.
5) Once you have saved the file, open the file in Adobe Acrobat to view or print the document.
The Renewal FAFSA Process Guide has also been posted on the Department's Information for Financial Aid Professionals (IFAP) Web site:
1) Go to http://ifap.ed.gov.
2) Under the "On-Line References" heading, click on the "Application Processing Materials" link
3) Click on the "2006-2007 Award Year" link.
4) Click on the "Renewal Application Data" link.
5) Click on the "Renewal FAFSA Process Guide in PDF Format" link to view the document, or right-click on the link and choose "Save Target As " or "Save Link As " from the pop-up menu to save the document to your hard drive.
If you have any questions regarding the information contained in this document, contact CPS/SAIG Technical Support at 800/330-5947 (TDD/TTY 800/511-5806) or by e-mail at CPSSAIG@ed.gov.