Publication Date: September 1, 2005
Author: G. Kay Jacks, General Manager, FSA Application, School Eligibility and Delivery Services
Summary: 2006-2007 Software Developers Specifications
Posted on 09-01-2005
The CPS is pleased to provide the 2006-2007 Software Developers Specifications package on the U.S. Department of Education's Information for Financial Aid Professionals (IFAP) Web site located at http://ifap.ed.gov, under Application Processing Materials, 2006-2007 Award Year. The specifications are also posted to the Department's Federal Student Aid Download (FSAdownload) Web site, located at http://fsadownload.ed.gov, under References and Documentation, CPS Test System 2006-2007.
There are several significant changes to the specifications. The following is a general summary of the substantive changes that have been made to each section of the specifications.
VALID FIELD DEFINITIONS
- Date Fields incremented.
- Student and Parent Type of Tax Return - Removed "TEL" from the value of 2 since the Telefile option is being removed.
- Dates have been updated in the applicable edits.
- Edits 2016, 2018, 2050 and 2052 revised to classify applicants with blank tax return status, blank tax return type and zero AGI as nonfilers instead of filers.
SIMPLIFIED NEEDS TEST
- No changes have been made to the Simplified Needs Test edits.
COMPLETE REJECT EDITS
- Dates incremented in rejects A and B.
- Updated SST, IPA, EA, ANW, APA, and AAI rates and tables.
Please note the CPS will not complete testing of these specifications until January 1, 2006. Software developers should be prepared to receive updates to the specifications until that time.
If you have questions related to the specifications, please contact Dan Staples, ORC Macro International, at 301/572-0272, or by e-mail at Daniel.A.Staples@orcmacro.com.