Publication Date: November 8, 2004
Author: General Manager, FSA Application, School Eligibility and Delivery Services
Summary: 2005-2006 EDE Technical Reference Available
Posted on 11-08-2004
|TO:||All Destination Points|
|FROM:||U.S. Department of Education|
|RE:||2005-2006 EDE Technical Reference Available|
|DATE:||November 8, 2004|
The U.S. Department of Education is pleased to announce the posting of the 2005-2006 EDE Technical Reference. The document is available on the Department's Federal Student Aid Download (FSAdownload) Web site, located at http://fsadownload.ed.gov and on the Department's Information for Financial Aid Professionals (IFAP) Web site, located at http://ifap.ed.gov.
The 2005-2006 EDE Technical Reference provides programmer specifications and record layouts for schools and other organizations that design software systems to interface with the Department's Application Systems in order to process FAFSA applications. Record layouts are included for the EDE Record Level Error Report Import Record Layout, ISIR Record Description/Data Dictionary, Type 2 Individual Paper Renewal Request Export and Error Import Record Layouts, RAPP PIN/Print Notification Layout, FAFSA Application Export Record Layout, Correction Export Record Layout, and Signature Record Export Record Layout.
The document is posted in PDF format. If you intend to print individual files, print the File Naming Conventions document first. This will explain how to assemble the technical reference.
To view or download the EDE Technical Reference from FSAdownload:
1) Go to http://fsadownload.ed.gov.
2) Click the "Technical References and Guides" link.
3) Scroll down to "Electronic Data Exchange Technical Reference" and click the "2005-2006" link.
4) Select any of the links on the following page to view and/or print the documents, or right-click on any of the links and choose "Save Target As" or "Save Link As" in order to save the files to your hard drive.
5) If you have saved the files to your hard drive, use Adobe Acrobat Reader to view and/or print the documents.
To view or download the document from IFAP:
1) Go to http://ifap.ed.gov.
2) Look for "OTHER VIEWS" on the left side of the IFAP home page and click the "Current Publications" link.
3) On the following page, scroll down and click the "EDE Technical References" link.
4) On the next page, select "By 2005-2006 Award Year."
5) On the next page, select "2005-2006 EDE Technical Reference."
6) Select any of the links on the following page to view and/or print the documents, or right-click on any of the links and choose "Save Target As" or "Save Link As" in order to save the files to your hard drive.
7) If you have saved the files to your hard drive, use Adobe Acrobat Reader to view or print the documents.
If you have any questions regarding the information contained in this document, please contact CPS/SAIG Technical Support at 800/330-5947, or by e-mail at CPSSAIG@ed.gov.