Publication Date: October 10, 2002
Author: FSA Chief Information Office (CIO)
Summary: Sign up by 12/31/02 for new electronic cohort default rate process
Posted on 10-10-2002
TO: All Destination Points
FROM: Default Management�
RE:Â Â Â Â Sign up by 12/31/02 for new electronic cohort default rate process
The SAIG enrollment form is now available at www.fsawebenroll.ed.gov for all domestic Title IV schools to sign up for participation in the electronic cohort default rate (eCDR) notification process.Â All domestic schools should plan to enroll prior to December 31, 2002.Â Detailed instructions on how to add this service to an existing destination point are available on the site through the "Frequently Asked Questions" link or use the detailed instructions below.Â A President, CEO, or Chancellor signature page is required.
Effective with the draft fiscal year 2001 Federal Family Education Loan (FFEL) Program and/or William D. Ford Federal Direct Loan (Direct Loan) Program cohort default rate distribution scheduled for February of 2003, the electronic cohort default rate (eCDR) notification process is replacing the paper notification process for all Title IV schools located in the United States.Â (The Department will continue to send hard copy notification to foreign schools.)Â eCDR will provide draft and official cohort default rate packages instantly and electronically through SAIG rather than by hard copy through courier service.
After completing the enrollment form, eCDR packages will be delivered to the destination point chosen by your school, including a third party servicer if desired.Â Â Each eCDR package will include (1) a cover letter, (2) a formatted text file containing the loan record detail report, and (3) a delimited file containing the loan record detail report.Â
eCDR will provide speedy and direct delivery of cohort default rate notification packages.Â Â In addition, having the delimited file of the loan record detail report instantly available may also expedite and simplify your school's participation in any or all of the cohort default rate challenge, adjustment, and appeal processes and with default prevention activities.
If you have questions about the electronic cohort default rate (eCDR) notification process please contact Default Management at: FSA.email@example.com or via phone at 202-377-4258.
1. Click on the Enroll icon located on the SAIG Enrollment site Home Page. Click on Next.
2. From the Enroll Main Menu click on Modify Existing Services for a Destination Point. Click on Next.
3. Enter the TG number you wish to Add Services for. Click on Next
4. Enter the Identifier Information for that TG number. Click on Next.
5. Select Add a New User from the menu. Click on Next.
6. Click on the Yes radial button associated with eCDR. Click on Next.
7. Complete the OPEID and President's Name fields. Click on Next.
8. On the Reference Page, verify that the information you have entered is correct. When you are satisfied that everything that is correct, click on Next.
9. Select No from the drop down menu to designate that you do not wish make any other changes.
10. Click on the End Transaction radial button. Click on Next.
11. Click on the End Transaction radial button again on the new menu screen. Click on Next.
12. Print out the Signature Pages so that you can mail then in to CPS/WAN Technical Support. You will not receive a TG number until they have been processed.
13. Print out the Confirmation Number for your own records. You will be asked for that number if you call CPS/WAN Technical Support with questions concerning your enrollment.