Publication Date: September 26, 2002
Author: General Manager: FSA Student Channel
Summary: Beta Testers Needed for 2003-2004 EDExpress, Version 9.0
Posted on 09-26-2002
TO: All Destination Points
FROM: U.S. Department of Education
RE: Beta Testers Needed for 2003-2004 EDExpress, Version 9.0
The U.S. Department of Education is recruiting schools and servicers for participation in the beta test of the upcoming 2003-2004 EDExpress for Windows, Version 9.0. Schools and servicers are needed to test the Application Processing and Packaging modules, as well as Global functionality (such as Document Tracking and the User Database).
Beta test participants will download the software from an FTP site along with detailed test procedures. Participants are then asked to replicate their typical use of the software in a mock-production environment, report any problems encountered, and submit a summary report detailing their testing experience for ED analysis.
Packaging beta testing is scheduled to take place from October 28 to November 8, 2002. Application Processing beta testing is scheduled to take place from November 11 to November 22, 2002. Packaging and Application Processing beta participants will be asked to also examine Global functionality that is relevant to their school/servicer.
If you are interested in being considered as a beta test site for one of the above EDExpress Version 9.0 modules, please send an e-mail to CPSWAN@NCS.COM with the subject line “Attention: EDExpress 9.0 Beta Testing” and provide the following information:
1) School name and address
2) School type (4-year public university, 2-year private college, proprietary/trade school, etc.)
3) Primary and Secondary testing contact names, phone and fax numbers, and e-mail addresses
4) TG# identifier
5) Windows Operating System version(s) and EDExpress installation environment (network/standalone)
6) Network type and version (if applicable)
7) Type of E-mail System used by financial aid office (IE. Microsoft Outlook, CCMail, etc.)
8) EDExpress modules (Application Processing, Packaging, or Global) you wish to test
9) Modules/features/tools you currently use in EDExpress (please provide specific details, such as Document Tracking, Packaging External Add Imports, Quick Correction, User Database, etc.)
10) Do you use EDExpress in combination with your mainframe or 3rd party software? If so, what type of mainframe system and/or 3rd Party software do you use?
11) Printer type and version, and if printer is standalone or networked
12) FTP download capability (I.E. Can you upload/download files from an FTP server?)
13) Your school’s average number of Title IV applicants per year
The Department and CPS/WAN Technical Support will select participants with a wide variety of processing environments to ensure the most diverse and thorough testing of the software is performed.
CPS/WAN Technical Support will call or e-mail all interested schools by October 22, 2002. If your school is selected, further information will be provided at that time.
We thank you for your interest in helping make 2003-2004 EDExpress a superior software product. We look forward to hearing from you.