Publication Date: September 25, 2002
Author: FSA Chief Information Office (CIO)
Summary: Error 5 using EDconnect v 5.1.0
Posted on September 25, 2002
To: All SAIG Users
From: U.S. Department of Education 2002 Message #
Re: Error 5 using EDconnect v 5.1.0.
For EDconnect version 5.1.0 users:
If you encounter "Error 5: Incorrect password during a transmission or in the Activity Log, this means your network password has expired and you will need to transmit a network password change.
Included below are instructions for updating your network password but we would like to remind you EDconnect v5.2.0 has been released. This new version, successfully being used by over 1200 destination points, includes an automatic pop up option making your network password changing easier.
Using EDconnect v5.2.0 may also significantly decrease your total transmission time. While the actual transmission has not changed, the mailbox query portion of the transmission process was enhanced for greater speed. This will be especially noticeable for those of you using high volume mailboxes. EDconnect v5.2.0 is available on the SFAdownload Web site, www.fsadownload.ed.gov/softedconnect.htm.
To change your network password:
1. Select New from the File menu and select Security View from the list of views. The Security View will appear on your screen.
2. Highlight the desired security/administration group in the Security View, click with the right mouse button, and select Properties from the pop-up menu, or select Properties from the Edit menu. The Group Properties dialog box will appear on your screen.
3. Select the Network tab and verify that the appropriate TG Number appears in the text box at the top of the tab.
4. Enter your new SAIG password in the text box after New under TG Password and enter it again in the Verify text box.
5. Select the Network and Local option under Change Type, if it is not already selected, and click the OK button. A message box will notify you that EDconnect has added a password change record to the Transmission Queue. Click OK to return to the Security View.
6. Select Now from the Transmission menu. Your PC will connect to the SAIG and transmit your new password.
If you have any questions concerning this message, please contact CPS/WAN Technical Support at 800/330-5947 or via e-mail at CPSWAN@NCS.COM.