Publication Date: August 27, 2002
Author: CPS | Central Processing System
Summary: Availability of the 2003-2004 Renewal Application Data Process Guide
Posted on 08-27-2002
TO: All Destination Points
FROM: U.S. Department of Education
RE: Availability of the 2003 - 2004 Renewal Application Data Process Guide
DATE: August 26, 2002
The Department is pleased to announce that the 2003-2004 Renewal Application Data (RAD) Process Guide has been posted on the U.S. Department of Education's Federal Student Aid Download (FSAdownload) Web site (located at http://FSAdownload.ed.gov).
For the 2002-2003 processing cycle, the Department of Education provided updates to the Renewal Application process in Action Letter GEN-01-10, dated August, 2001. The RAD Process Guide replaces that letter for the 2003-2004 cycle.
The 2003-2004 RAD Process Guide is designed to meet the reference needs of financial aid administrators, programmers, and data processing staff. It provides information for the Renewal Application Process for the 2003-2004 award year and a summary of the major changes. Information includes a schedule of important dates, procedures for requesting PINs using the FAA Access to CPS Online Web site, and the record layouts for requesting PINs individually by SSN (Type 2 PIN Request).
To download this document, follow these steps:
- Go to http://www.FSAdownload.ed.gov
- Click on the "References and Documentation" link on the left side of the page.
- Scroll down to "Renewal Application Data Process Guide."
- Once on the Renewal Application Data Process Guide page, select Microsoft Word or Adobe Acrobat format. Right-click on the Adobe Acrobat or Microsoft Word link to view a short context menu.
- If you're using Microsoft Internet Explorer, left-click on "Save Target As," then navigate to the folder where you wish to save the file. If you're using Netscape, left-click on "Save Link As," then navigate to the folder where you wish to save the file.
- Once the file has been saved, open the saved file in the appropriate program (Acrobat or Word) to view and print the document.
The 2003-2004 RAD Process Guide has also been posted on the Department's FSA Information for Financial Aid Professionals Web site (located at http://ifap.ed.gov) under the "Current Publications by Topic". The guide can be found under "Application Processing" and under the "FAFSA and "Renewal FAFSA" links.
If you have any questions regarding the information contained in this document, please contact CPS/WAN Technical Support at 800/330-5947 or via e-mail at CPSWAN@NCS.COM.