Publication Date: August 8, 2002
Author: General Manager: FSA Student Channel
Summary: 2002-2003 RFMS Technical Reference June Change Pages Available
Posted on August 8, 2002
TO: All Destination Points
FROM: U.S. Department of Education
RE: 2002-2003 RFMS Technical Reference June Change Pages Available
The Department is pleased to announce that the 2002-2003 Federal Pell Grant Technical Reference (June Version), which consists of the June 2002 set of change pages as well as the entire updated document, has been posted on the US Department of Education's Student Financial Assistance Download (SFAdownload) Web site (located at ).
This document provides record layouts for schools and other organizations that need to design software systems to interface with US Department of Education software in order to process applications and package student financial aid awards.
The document is posted in both PDF and Word formats. The PDF version of the entire document is bookmarked for your convenience. When printing individual files, print the File Naming Conventions file first, as it explains how to assemble the technical reference.
To download this document:
1) Go to FSAdownload.ed.gov.
2) Click on the "References and Documentation" link on the left side of the page.
3) Scroll down to "Federal Pell Grant Program Technical Reference." Underneath it you will find links to various years; click on the link to 2002-2003.
4) Once on the Federal Pell Grant Program Technical Reference 2002-2003 page, select Microsoft Word or Adobe Acrobat format for the June 2002 change pages. Right-click on the Adobe Acrobat or Microsoft Word link to view a short context menu.
5) If you're using Microsoft Internet Explorer, left-click on "Save Target As," then navigate to the folder where you wish to save the file. If you're using Netscape, left-click on "Save Link As," then navigate to the folder where you wish to save the file.
6) Once the file has been saved, open the saved file in the appropriate program (Acrobat or Word) to view and print the document.
The updated version of the 2002-2003 Federal Pell Grant Program Technical Reference is also available on the Department's IFAP Web site (located at ifap.ed.gov). Click on the "Publications by Title" link, scroll down to and click on the link "Pell Grant (RFMS) Process," click on the link to "Federal Pell Grant (RFMS) Documents by Date," where the first listing is for the Federal Pell Grant Program Technical Reference June 2002 change pages.
If you have any questions regarding the information contained in this document, please contact CPS/WAN Technical Support at 800/330-5947 or via e-mail at CPSWAN@NCS.COM.