Publication Date: April 12, 2002
Author: General Manager: SFA School Channel
Summary: Search Tool for IFAP and School Portal Improved
We are pleased to announce the implementation of several enhancements to the search tool on the IFAP http://ifap.ed.gov/ and School Portal http://fsa4schools.ed.gov/SCHOOLSWebApp/index.jsp websites. We have thoroughly researched the capabilities of the tool we are using, have consulted with the vendor, and identified several areas where improvements to this service can be made.
Beginning Monday, April 15, 2002, we invite you to test the enhancements we have implemented and let us know what you think. Your comments and suggestions relating to the earlier difficulties using this tool have been the drivers for the enhancements we have implemented. Please let us know of any additional suggestions and comments you may have, after trying out the enhanced version.
The changes/enhancements we have made include:
· Re-indexing (tagging) of all of the content on IFAP.
· Addition of a keyword search box on the left-hand side of IFAP’s homepage.
· Restoring the ability to search for publications on IFAP within a particular date range.
· Restoring the ability to search on a regulation number (e.g. 668.16 - HINT: put quotes around the reg number).
· Highlighting the keyword in the results page.
· Greatly improved Search Help pages.
· The ability to search from IFAP against the Government Printing Office’s (GPO) file of Combined Federal Regulations. FSA used to post annual compilations to IFAP. The GPO site continuously updates the compilation, so you now have access to the most up to date combined regulations.
Please revisit the search and try out the enhancements. Let us know at: firstname.lastname@example.org of your findings.
Thank you for your candid feedback on this tool. And thank you also for your patience while we worked to implement these enhancements.
FSA Customer Service Call Center
Federal Student Aid