Publication Date: 01-2002
Author: SFA Chief Information Office (CIO)
Summary: EDconnect –4 errors and processed data availability
Posted on January 30, 2002
TO: All Destination Points
FROM: CPS/WAN Technical Support
RE: EDconnect –4 errors and processed data availability
This is in response to EDconnect “-4” errors and with the availability of processed data to your network.
These errors are being caused by high server utilization. We are continuing to work very hard developing and testing enhancements to improve the performance of the network. This will mean updates to the mailboxing system so you will not have to look for any updates to EDconnect or EasyAccess. This is also affecting the availability time for processed data. As soon as this upgrade is ready for production, we will send out a follow up message.
Here’s a reminder regarding what you can do in the meantime to help reduce traffic on the network.
What can I do in the meantime?
1. We have found the highest number of concurrent network users between 8: 00am-10: 00am and 4:00pm Central Time. We suggest you create a delayed transmission outside of the busiest times of the day to improve your connectivity. Here are instructions for setting up a delayed transmission in EDconnect:
· Select “Transmission Later” from the Transmission menu option in EDconnect.
· Select desired Time and Date for transmission.
· Note: Your PC must remain on until the time you set arrives. Once set, a “Waiting to Transmit” notification window appears, displaying the time to start, current time, and the time remaining until the transmission.
· Make sure you save your Transmission Queue (TQ) before setting up a later transmission. If you leave an unsaved and open TQ on your screen, EDconnect will prompt you to save it before connecting to the Student Aid Internet Gateway.
2. Do not resend your batches if you are waiting for a processed file. This will alleviate some unnecessary traffic on the network.
We will continue to send out messages regarding this issue as we receive updates. We apologize for any problems this is causing at your organization and will continue to work diligently on enhancements to fix these issues.
If you have questions concerning this message, please contact CPS/WAN Technical Support at 800-330-5947 or e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org.