Publication Date: January 22, 2002
Author: General Manager: SFA School Channel
Summary: U.S. Department of Education's Spring Conference, March 6-8, 2002 Hotel registration deadline is February 4, 2002. Sign-up now!
Posted on January 22, 2002
US Department of Education's Spring Conference, March 6-8, 2002 To register: http://fsaconferences.ed.gov/Hotel registration deadline is February 4, 2002.Â Sign-up now!!
The US Department of Education is changing our spring conference to serve the entire student aid community better. The new "Spring Conference"expands on the old Direct Loan Conference to include the FFEL community. Focused on the theme "Tradition, Transformation, Innovation," the conference will help you become a power user of our financial aid tools and services. You'll be able to:
- Hear Dr. Benjamin S. Carson, Sr., director of Pediatric Neurosurgery at the Johns Hopkins Medical Institutions, as he shares his journey to overcome a difficult childhood and fulfill his dream of becoming a physician.
- Learn how electronic products, like FAFSA on the Web and the schools portal, can help you serve students in Tool Time.
- Improve customer service by understanding the Disney Corporation's tools for aligning staff and technology around basic values.
- Join a panel of FFEL representatives and the Department's Student Aid Awareness staff to discuss college planning centers and early awareness outreach services.
- Understand how the PLUS Master Promissory Note will be used in both the FFEL and Direct Loan programs.
- Learn how Assessment and Quality Analysis tools can help schools examine and improve operations.
- Use the Direct Loan Servicing Site to help students avoid delinquency and reduce schools' cohort default rates by as much as 50 percent!
- Understand how Common Origination and Disbursement (COD) ensures program integrity.
- Participate in a comprehensive session on non-federal loans, including underwriting, exportation rules, capital requirements, insurance, bankruptcy, school certification, and more.
- Use the Internet to educate students about debt management.
- And more!
Additional details will be posted as they are confirmed!
The conference will be held March 6-8, 2002, in Baltimore, Maryland. To learn more and register, go to http://fsaconferences.ed.gov/. Hurry, space is limited.