Publication Date: January 2002
Author: General Manager: SFA Student Channel
Summary: 2002-2003 EDE Technical Reference (December 2001 Change Pages Available)
Posted on January 4, 2002
TO: All Destination Points
FROM: U.S. Department of Education
RE: 2002-2003 EDE Technical Reference (December 2001 Change Pages Available)
We are pleased to announce the posting of the most recent version of the 2002-2003 EDE Technical Reference, which consists of the December 2001 set of change pages as well as the entire updated document, on the U.S. Department of Education's Student Financial Assistance Download (SFAdownload) Web site located at fsadownload.ed.gov.
The EDE Technical Reference provides record layouts for schools or other organizations that need to design software systems to interface with ED’s software in order to process applications and package student financial aid awards.
The document is posted in both PDF and Word formats. The PDF version of the entire document is bookmarked for your convenience. When printing individual files, print the File Naming Conventions file first. This document explains how to assemble the technical reference.
To download the updated documents:
1) Go to fsadownload.ed.gov.
2) Click on the "References and Documents" link.
3) Click on the "2002-2003 EDE Technical Reference" link; you can select Microsoft Word or Adobe Acrobat format.
4) Click on "Save as" (Acrobat) or "Save it to disk" (Word), designate a target directory for the document file, and click OK to save.
5) Open the saved file in the appropriate program (Acrobat or Word) to view and print the document.
The updated version of the 2002-2003 EDE Technical Reference is also available on the Department's IFAP Web site (located at ifap.ed.gov).
If you have any questions regarding the information contained in this document, please contact CPS/WAN Technical Support at 800/330-5947 or via e-mail at CPSWAN@NCS.COM.