Publication Date: November 2001
Author: General Manager: SFA Student Channel
Summary: Issue Alert: Help Text for Importing Loan Detail External Add File and Comparing Loan Detail to the 732 Report
Posted on November 5, 2001
TO: All Direct Loan Tools Users
FROM: CPS/WAN Technical Support
RE: Issue Alert: Help Text for Importing Loan Detail External Add File and Comparing Loan Detail to the 732 Report
CPS/WAN Technical Support would like to inform you of two issues concerning the Help Text in Direct Loan Tools Version 1.0.
A) Issue: If you select Help | How Do I…? and click on "Import a Loan Detail External Add file?" the instructions for "Compare Direct Loan Data to the 732 Report?" will be displayed.
Workaround: To get the correct instructions for importing a Loan Detail External Add File go to Help | Help Topics and select "Import a Loan Detail External Add file?". Those instructions are as follows:
Import a Loan Detail External Add file?
1. Select File | Import from the menu bar.
2. Click the down arrow on the Import Type text box to display a list of file types to import.
3. Select the Loan Detail External Add import type.
4. Click the File button in the Import From box to locate the file to be imported. Select the desired file and click OK. DL Tools enters the filename in the text box automatically.
5. Click Printer, File, or Screen as the output destination. If you want to send the report to a file, click the File button to locate and name the file, then click OK. DL Tools enters the filename in the text box automatically. Remember that if you print to a file, no hard copy prints on your printer, but you can print this file using a word processing software.
6. (Optional) Click the Prompt for Duplicates? checkbox if you want DL Tools to alert you of duplicate records.
7. Click OK to import the file. The In Progress Statistics box appears.
8. Click OK to close the In Progress Statistics box.
If you chose Screen as your output destination, use the scroll bars to view and close the window when you are finished.
B) Issue: If you select Help | Help Topics and click on "Compare Direct Loan Data to the 732 Report" the instructions for importing the Rebuild file are displayed.
Workaround: The correct instructions for Comparing Direct Loan data to the 732 Report are as follows:
1. From the Menu bar select 2001-2002 as the year.
2. Go to File | Print and select "Loan Detail Comparison - Loan Level".
3. The fields under the Options section on the print dialog box are explained in the Help Text by going to Help | Help Topics and selecting "Loan Detail Comparison - Loan Level".
If you have any questions regarding this message, please contact CPS/WAN Technical Support at 800/330-5947 or via e-mail at CPSWAN@NCS.COM