Publication Date: August 24, 2001
Author: General Manager: SFA Student Channel
Summary: Beta Testers Needed for 2002-2003 EDExpress, Version 8.0
Posted on August 24, 2001
TO: All Destination Points
FROM: U.S. Department of Education
RE: Beta Testers Needed for 2002-2003 EDExpress, Version 8.0
The U.S. Department of Education is recruiting schools and servicers for participation in the beta test of the upcoming 2002-2003 EDExpress for Windows, Version 8.0. We will need schools and servicers to test the Application Processing and Packaging modules, as well as Global functionality (such as Document Tracking and the User Database).
Beta test participants will download the software from an FTP site along with detailed test procedures. We will then ask participants to replicate their typical use of the software in a mock-productional environment, report any problems encountered, and submit a summary report detailing their testing experience for ED analysis.
Application Processing beta testing is scheduled to take place from November 19 to November 30, 2001. Packaging beta testing is scheduled to take place from November 26 to December 7, 2001. Both Application Processing and Packaging beta participants are asked to also examine Global functionality that is relevant to their school/servicer.
If you are interested in being considered as a beta test site for one of the above EDExpress Version 8.0 modules, please send an email toCPSWAN@NCS.COM with the subject line "Attention: EDExpress 8.0 Beta Testing" and provide the following information:
1) School name and address
2) School type (4-year public university, 2-year private college, proprietary/trade school, etc.)
3) Primary and Secondary testing contact names, phone and fax numbers, and e-mail addresses
4) TG# identifier
5) Windows Operating System version(s) and environment (network/standalone)
6) Network type and version (if applicable)
7) EDExpress modules (Application Processing, Packaging, or Global) you wish to test
8) Modules/features/tools you currently use in EDExpress (please provide specific details, such as Document Tracking, Packaging External Add Imports, Quick Correction, User Database, etc.)
9) Do you use EDExpress in combination with your mainframe or 3rd party software? If so, what type of mainframe system and/or 3rd Party software do you use?
10) Printer type and version, and if printer is standalone or networked
11) FTP download capability (I.E. Can you upload/download files from an FTP server?)
12) Your school's average number of Title IV applicants per year
The Department and CPS/WAN Technical Support will select participants with a wide variety of processing environments to ensure the most diverse and thorough testing of the software is performed.
CPS/WAN Technical Support will call or e-mail all interested schools by November 14, 2001. If your school is selected, further information will be provided at that time.
We thank you for your interest in helping make 2002-2003 EDExpress a superior software product. We look forward to hearing from you.