Publication Date: August 15, 2001
Author: General Manager: SFA Student Channel
Summary: 2002-2003 Direct Loan Technical Reference (Software Developer's Conference Draft and Beta Version)
Posted on August 15, 2001
TO: All Destination Points
FROM: U.S. Department of Education
RE: 2002-2003 Direct Loan Technical Reference (Software Developer's Conference Draft and Beta Version)
We have posted the August version of the 2002-2003 Direct Loan Technical Reference on the Department's SFAdownload Web site (located at fsadownload.ed.gov). This version of the 2002-2003 Direct Loan Technical Reference provides updated draft programmer specifications and record layouts for schools participating in the William D. Ford Federal Direct Loan Program that need to design software systems to interface with ED's software for Direct Loan data. This version also includes the draft Section 4 - Implementation Guide.
This second draft gives you a snapshot of the Direct Loan system modifications for the upcoming processing year as of this date. As we proceed with our implementation, further modifications to the Direct Loan Technical Reference will be noted. The final version of this document will be available by the beginning of November 2001.
To download this document:
1) Go to fsadownload.ed.gov.
2) Click on the "References and Documents" link.
3) Click on the "2002-2003 Direct Loan Technical Reference" link; you can select Microsoft Word or Adobe Acrobat format.
4) Click on "Save as" (Acrobat) or "Save it to disk" (Word), designate a target directory for the document file, and click OK to save.
5) Open the saved file in the appropriate program (Acrobat or Word) to view and print the draft document.
If you have any questions regarding the information contained in this document, please contact CPS/WAN Technical Support at 800/330-5947 or via email at CPSWAN@NCS.COM.