Publication Date: July 26, 2001
Author: General Manager: SFA School Channel
Summary: 2002-2003 Direct Loan Technical Reference (NASFAA Draft)
Posted on July 26, 2001
TO: All Destination Points
FROM: U.S. Department of Education
RE: 2002-2003 Direct Loan Technical Reference (NASFAA Draft)
We have posted the initial draft version of the 2002-2003 Direct Loan Technical Reference on the Department's SFAdownload Web site (located at fsadownload.ed.gov). This version of the 2002-2003 Direct Loan Technical Reference provides draft programmer specifications and record layouts for schools participating in the William D. Ford Federal Direct Loan Program that need to design software systems to interface with ED's software for Direct Loan data.
This early draft gives you a snapshot of the Direct Loan system modifications for the upcoming processing year as of this date. As we proceed with our implementation, further modifications to the Direct Loan Technical Reference will be noted. The next draft version of this document will be available by the middle of August 2001. The final version of this document will be available by the beginning of November 2001.
To download this document:
1) Go to fsadownload.ed.gov.
2) Click on the "References and Documents" link.
3) Click on the "2002-2003 Direct Loan Technical Reference" link; you can select Microsoft Word or Adobe Acrobat format.
4) Click on "Save as" (Acrobat) or "Save it to disk" (Word), designate a target directory for the document file, and click OK to save.
5) Open the saved file in the appropriate program (Acrobat or Word) to view and print the draft document.
If you have any questions regarding the information contained in this document, please contact CPS/WAN Technical Support at 800/330-5947.