Publication Date: May 24, 2001
Author: General Manager: SFA Student Channel
Summary: Release of Second Draft of 2002-2003 FISAP Technical Reference
Posted on May 24, 2001
TO: All Destination Points
FROM: U.S. Department of Education
RE: Release of Second Draft of 2002-2003 FISAP Technical Reference
We are pleased to announce the posting of the second draft of the new 2002-2003 FISAP Technical Reference on the Department's FSAdownload Web site (located athttp://www.fsadownload.ed.gov).
The 2002-2003 FISAP Technical Reference provides programmer specifications and record layouts for schools or other organizations that need to design software systems to interface with the Department’s FISAP processor.
To download this document:
1) Go to http://www.fsadownload.ed.gov.
2) Click on the "References and Documents" link.
3) Click on the "2002-2003 FISAP Technical Reference" link; you can select Microsoft Word or Adobe Acrobat format.
4) Click on "Save as" (Acrobat) or "Save it to disk" (Word), designate a target directory for the document file, and click OK to save.
5) Open the saved file in the appropriate program (Acrobat or Word) to view and print the draft document.
This draft contains updates to the following 2002-2003 information from the initial draft:
--- The Implementation Guide
--- FISAP Header and Trailer Record Layouts
--- FISAP Export and Import Record Layouts
--- Reallocation/Supplemental Federal Work Study (FWS) Record Layouts
--- FISAP Report Request Record Layout Description
--- FISAP Process Edits
The final 2002-2003 FISAP Technical Reference will be posted in early July 2001. Keep in mind that further changes to the Technical Reference will occur as we proceed with implementation.
If you have any questions regarding the information contained in this second draft, please contact FISAP Technical Support at 877/801-7168.