Publication Date: May 17, 2001
Author: General Manager: SFA Student Channel
Summary: Beta Testers Needed for New FISAP software
Posted on May 17, 2001
TO: All Destination Points
FROM: U.S. Department of Education
RE: Beta Testers Needed for New FISAP software
The U.S. Department of Education is recruiting schools and servicers for the beta test of the upcoming FISAP for Windows, Version 4.0 software. The beta test is scheduled to run from June 4 through June 15, 2001.
Version 4.0 will contain the Fiscal Operations Report for program participation during the award year July 1, 2000 through June 30, 2001 and the Application to Participate for the award year July 1, 2002 through June 30, 2003.
Beta test participants will download the software from an FTP site along with detailed test procedures. Participants are then asked to replicate their typical use of the software in a mock-productional environment, report any problems encountered, and submit a summary report detailing their testing experience for ED analysis.
If you are interested in being considered as a beta test site for the FISAP Version 4.0 beta test, please send an email toCPSWAN@NCS.COM to the attention of "FISAP Beta Testing" and provide the following information:
1) School name and address
2) School type (4-year public university, 2-year private college, proprietary/trade school, etc.)
3) Primary and secondary testing contact names, phone and fax numbers, and e-mail addresses
4) TG# identifier
5) Windows operating system version(s) and PC environment (network/standalone)
6) Network type and version, if applicable
7) Number of years participating in Title IV program
8) Printer type and version, and if printer is standalone or networked
9) FTP download capability (i.e., can you upload/download files from an FTP server?)
10) Your school’s average number of Title IV applicants per year
The Department and CPS/WAN Technical Support will select participants with a wide variety of processing environments to ensure the most diverse and thorough testing of the software is performed.
We will call or e-mail all interested schools by May 30, 2001. If your school is selected, further information will be provided at that time.
We thank you for your interest in helping make FISAP Version 4.0 a superior software product. We look forward to hearing from you.