Publication Date: April 30, 2001
Author: General Manager: SFA Student Channel
Summary: Announcing FAA Access on the Web
Posted on April 30, 2001
TO: All Destination Points
FROM: CPS/WAN Technical Support
RE: Announcing FAA Access on the Web
We are excited to announce the availability of a new web-based resource designed for use by Financial Aid Administrators: FAA Access on the Web.
When will FAA Access on the Web be available?
FAA Access on the Web will be available beginning May 1, 2001.
What can I do with FAA Access on the Web?
FAA Access on the Web will allow you access to the following functions:
- Student Inquiry will allow you to view your student's Student Aid Report (SAR) information for any processed transaction. This information includes the student's Data Release Number (DRN), Expected Family Contribution (EFC), NSLDS information, and SAR comments, as well as FAA information including results from data matches and the verification selection flag. You will be able to access this information, provided that your school code is listed on the transaction.
- Batch Status will allow you to check the status of batches your school has submitted for application or correction processing for a particular year. You will be able to view these batches sorted by Federal School Code or by ISIR Type/Batch Type.
- Year-to-Date (YTD) ISIR Requests will allow you to request all Institutional Student Information Records (ISIRs) for your school for a particular cycle and date range. You will receive all transactions for applicants who listed your institution code.
- RAD Requests will allow you to specify whether you would prefer your students to receive paper Renewal FAFSAs or PINs.
- A new Duplicate Renewal FAFSA Print feature will allow you to request the CPS to print a duplicate Renewal Application for a student. Once requested, the CPS will mail the Renewal Application to the school so that the school can distribute it to the student. The student must be eligible to participate in the 2001-2002 Renewal Application process in order for you to request a duplicate Renewal Application.
What is the URL for the FAA Access site?
FAA Access on the Web will be located athttp://www.fafsa.ed.gov/FAA/faa.htm.
What do I have to do to sign up to use FAA Access on the Web?
Each Destination Point Administrator who is enrolled to process CPS data will automatically receive a PIN Mailer containing a Department of Education PIN to use when accessing FAA Access on the Web.
The new FAA Administration enhancement to the SAIG Enrollment web site enables the Destination Point Administrator (DPA) to register additional individuals at your school to use FAA Access on the Web. (Only your DPA for the TG number under which your school transmits and receives CPS data can request PINs for additional individuals.) The SAIG Enrollment web site is located athttp://www.fsawebenroll.ed.gov/. The FAA Administration portion of the SAIG Enrollment web site will be available beginning April 23, 2001.
If you have questions about either FAA Access on the Web or the SAIG Enrollment Web Site, please contact CPS/WAN Technical Support at (800) 330-5947, or via email email@example.com. There is no charge for technical support from CPS/WAN Technical Support.