Publication Date: March 2001
Author: General Manager: SFA Student Channel
Summary: Release of Pre-Release Draft of 2002-2003 FISAP Technical Reference
Posted on March 14, 2001
TO: All Destination Points
FROM: U.S. Department of Education
RE: Release of Pre-Release Draft of 2002-2003 FISAP Technical Reference
We are pleased to announce the posting of the pre-release draft for the new 2002-2003 FISAP Technical Reference on the Department's fsadownload Web site, located at http://fsadownload.ed.gov/index.htm.
The 2002-2003 FISAP Technical Reference provides programmer specifications and record layouts for schools or other organizations that need to design software systems to interface with the Department’s FISAP processor. This pre-release draft will give you a current snapshot of the system modifications for the upcoming processing year.
To download this document:
1) Go to http://fsadownload.ed.gov/index.htm.
2) Click on the "References and Documents" link.
3) Click on the "2002-2003 FISAP Technical Reference" link;
4) Select "2002-2003 FISAP Technical Reference (Draft)" in Microsoft Word or Adobe Acrobat format.
5) If asked, click on "Save as" (Acrobat) or "Save it to disk" (Word), designate a target directory for the document file, and click OK to save. Open the saved file in the appropriate program (Acrobat or Word) to view and print the draft document.
This draft contains the following 2002-2003 information:
--- The Implementation Guide
--- FISAP Header and Trailer Record Layouts
--- FISAP Export and Import Record Layouts
--- Reallocation/Supplemental Federal Work Study (FWS) Record Layouts
--- FISAP Report Request Record Layout Description
For your reference, we have also provided the draft 2002-2003 FISAP Form and Instructions Booklet on the SFA Download site.
A second draft of the 2002-2003 FISAP Technical Reference will be available for download and review by the end of May 2001. The final Technical Reference will be posted in early July 2001. Keep in mind that further changes to the Technical Reference will occur as we proceed with implementation.
If you have any questions regarding the information contained in this initial pre-release draft, please contact Danny Dytang or Robert ChowatUniversal Automation Labs (UAL) on 877/801-7168.