Publication Date: February 23, 2001
Author: ODAS | Office of the Deputy Assistant Secretary
Summary: 2001-2002 COTW Transactions will be Reprocessed
Posted on February 23, 2001
To: Financial Aid Administrators
From: Central Processing System
Re: 2001-2002 COTW Transactions will be Reprocessed
The Central Processing System (CPS) reprocessed transactions for approximately 2,200 students because of a problem that occurred from January 8 through February 5, 2001. This reprocessing corrects transactions for Correction on the Web (COTW) filers that submitted a correction to one of the six (6) signed fields whose value was incorrectly truncated when the COTW record was processed by the CPS. One or more of the following fields could possibly have been affected on the transactions being corrected:
- Student's Adjusted Gross Income from IRS form (ISIR field #44, positions 197-202)
- Student's Income Earned from Work (ISIR field #47, positions 210-215)
- Spouse's Income Earned from Work (ISIR field #48, positions 216-221)
- Parents' Adjusted Gross Income from IRS form (ISIR field #78, positions 335-340)
- Father's / Stepfather's Income Earned from Work (ISIR field #81, positions 349-354)
- Mother's / Stepmother's Income Earned from Work (ISIR field # 82, positions 355-360)
The CPS reprocessed the transactions for the affected students on February 21, 2001. SARs were printed and mailed to the students and ISIRs will be sent to schools on February 23, 2001
Reprocessed ISIRs can be identified by the following:
* Reprocessed Reason Code (ISIR field #264, positions 1540-1541) will equal "03"
* System Generated Indicator (ISIR field #135, positions 600) will equal "Z"
* Comment Code 172 will be present in ISIR field 261 (positions 1459-1518)
* System Generated message class: SYSG02OP
* Batch Number: #Y200000020010221000001
We apologize for the inconvenience this may have caused you. If you have any questions, please contact CPS Customer Service at 800/330-5947, option 2, or via email at CPS@NCS.COM. You will not be charged for calls relating to this reprocessing.
If you have technical questions about our SFA systems and software, you may want to subscribe to our email list serve, SFATECH. For more information about SFATECH, including how to subscribe, look on-line at http://www.ed.gov/sfatech/listserv.html.