Publication Date: February 13, 2001
Author: CPS Central Processing System
Summary: 2001-2002 Certain Rejected Transactions To Be Reprocessed
Posted on February 13, 2001
The Central Processing System (CPS) will reprocess approximately 1,000 student records for the 2001-2002 processing cycle because of a problem that occurred between January 2 and February 2, 2001. Comment code 056 inadvertently caused a rejected transaction and a reject reason was not provided. Only Independent applicants were affected. For the affected records, the dependency status equals Y (ISIR field #129) and the reject reason equals blank (ISIR field #145).
Records processed on and after February 2, 2001 are not affected.
The CPS will reprocess the transactions for the affected students on February 14, 2001. SARs will be printed and mailed to the students and ISIRs will be sent to schools on February 16, 2001.
Reprocessed ISIRs can be identified by the following:
- Reprocessed Reason Code (ISIR field #264, positions 1540-1541) will equal "01"
- System Generated Indicator (ISIR field #135, positions 600) will equal "Z".
- Comment Code (ISIR field 261) will include comment code 172
- System Generated message class: SYSG02OP
- Batch Number: #Y200000020010214000001
- We apologize for the inconvenience this caused you and your students. If you have any questions, please contact CPS Customer Service at 800/330-5947, option 2, or via email at CPS@NCS.COM <mailto:CPS@NCS.COM. You will not be charged for calls relating to this reprocessing.
If you have technical questions about our SFA systems and software, you may want to subscribe to our email list serve, SFATECH. For more information about SFATECH, including how to subscribe, look on-line at http://www.ed.gov/sfatech/listserv.html