Publication Date: February 08, 2001
Author: CPS | Central Processing System
Posted on February 8, 2001
TO: All Destination Points
FROM: U.S. Department of Education
RE: Beta Testers Needed for EDExpress 2001-2002, Version 7.2 Pell Module
The U.S. Department of Education (ED) is recruiting school financial aid administrators and servicers for beta testing the upcoming EDExpress for Windows 2001-2002, Version 7.2 Pell Module.
Beta test participants will download the software and test procedures from an FTP site. They will be asked to replicate their typical use of the software in a mock-productional environment, report any problems encountered, and submit a summary report detailing their testing experience for ED analysis.
Beta testing will be performed at each participant's school from March 5 through March 16, 2001.
If you are interested in beta testing the EDExpress Version 7.2 Pell Module, please e-mail ED at: CPS@NCS.COM to the attention of "EDExpress 7.2 Beta Testing" and provide the following information:
1) School name and address
2) School type (4-year public university, 2-year private college, proprietary/trade school, etc.)
3) Primary and Secondary testing contact names, phone and fax numbers, and e-mail addresses
4) TG# identifier
5) Windows operating system version(s) and PC environment (network/standalone)
6) Network type and version, if applicable
7) Modules/features/tools you currently use in EDExpress (please provide specific details, such as User Database, Packaging, External Add, etc.)
8) Do you use EDExpress alone or in combination with mainframe or a 3rd party software for Pell processing?
9) Printer type and version, and if printer is standalone or networked
10) FTP download capability (I.E. Can you upload/download files from an FTP server?)
11) Your school's average number of Title IV applicants per year
ED and CPS Customer Service will select participants with a wide variety of processing environments to ensure that the most diverse and thorough testing of the software is performed.
CPS Customer Service will call or e-mail all interested schools by February 26, 2001. If you are selected, further information will be provided at that time.
We thank you for your interest in helping make 2001-2002 EDExpress for Windows a superior software product. We look forward to hearing from you.