Summary: Using Renewal Applications for Windows Type 2 RAD Request Export Option
Author: General Manager: SFA Student Channel
Posted on October 20, 2000
TO: All Destination Points
FROM: CPS Customer Service
RE: Using Renewal Applications for Windows Type 2 RAD Request Export Option
The Department has identified a problem with field lengths in the Renewal Applications 2001-2002 software. This problem affects ONLY those schools that use the Renewal Applications software AND do the following:
submit a "Type 2 RAD Request,"
set the Print Indicator to CPS Print, AND
UPDATE their school name, address, and/or contact's name on the Address dialog box.
The software is allowing more characters in School Address fields on the Address dialog box than the CPS can accept. As a result, the CPS is rejecting SOME Type 2 RAD requests.
If you do not need to update your school's name and address, or your contact's name, your submission will NOT be affected by this problem, and you can submit your Type 2 RAD request following steps 1-8 below. However, if your school needs to update ANY of the fields on the Address dialog box, please follow steps 1-8 and carefully review steps 9-12 in order to prevent your request being rejected by the CPS due to this software issue.
1) Go to File | Export;
2) Under Export Type, select Type 2 RAD Request;
3) Under Print Indicator, select "CPS Print";
4) Under TG#, enter your 5 digit TG#;
5) Under Federal School Code, enter your 6-digit Federal School Code;
6) Indicate whether you want an electronic RAD file sent to your school. The default is "Yes";
7) Click OK;
8) You will be presented with an Address dialog box. Verify that the school name and address are correct. If they are correct, click on NEXT and proceed to step 13. If any changes are needed, continue with step 9.
9) Hit your CAPS Lock key so that any text entered will be displayed and exported in ALL CAPS;
10) Update any address field necessary but be aware of the following:
A) School Address field: Do not enter more than 28 characters, although the software will allow you to enter 30 ;
B) School City field: Do not enter more than 17 characters, although the software will allow you to enter 24;
11) If you are correcting your contact's name, you will need to enter the first name in the Last Name position and the last name in the First Name position, because the contact names are switched during export;
NOTE: If you need to make a correction to ANY field on the Address dialog box, you must assure that all address fields are within the correct allowable length.
12) Once you have updated your school's name, address or contact's name and you have verified that you have not exceeded the maximum allowable field lengths, you may proceed with steps 13-16 below;
13) Complete your list of student Social Security Numbers (SSNs) and Name Ids. Click OK;
14) Click Yes;
15) Click OK;
16) Transmit file to CPS using EDconn32;
If your school has already submitted a Type 2 RAD request with the Print Indicator set to "CPS Print" and the batch was rejected due to this software issue, you may do the following:
A) Go to File | Export;
B) Under Export Type, select Regenerate Type 2 RAD request;
C) Click on the ellipsis button beside Batch ID and select the batch that was rejected;
D) Follow steps 3-7 listed above until you get to the Address dialog box;
E) Once you get to the Address dialog box, follow steps 9-12 above to make sure the fields do not exceed the maximum field lengths for the Type 2 RAD request;
F) Click NEXT. (You do not need to re-enter your list of student SSNs. All of the student records you had previously created will be exported);
G) Transmit file to CPS using EDconn32;
We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you.
If you have any questions, please contact CPS Customer Service at 800/330-5947, option 2, or via email at CPS@NCS.COM.