Summary: Development of EDExpress Version 6.3 (Full Release)
Author: PSS - Program Systems Service
Posted on August 1, 2000
TO: All EDExpress Users
FROM: U.S. Department of Education
RE: Development of EDExpress Version 6.3 (Full Release)
The Department wishes to alert all 2000-2001 EDExpress users we are
developing a new full release, Version 6.3, to resolve several software
The Department had previously announced it was developing a service release,
Version 6.2.2, to resolve the issues explained in this message. It has since
been determined that certain resolutions we are developing will require an
update to the 2000-2001 EDExpress database, thus necessitating the Version
6.3 full release. There will not be a Version 6.2.2.
Version 6.3 will be available in late August for download from the
Department's SFAdownload Web site at http://fsadownload.ed.gov/index.htm. We will
send an additional message to the community when the software is posted to
The software configuration management issues resolved by Version 6.3 are
explained below, by module:
1) CM #2658: An Assumption Edit will be added to ENAS calculations to ensure
parents are not counted in the Parents' Number in College field for
dependent students. ISIR comment code text will also be updated to reflect
2) CM #2892: The software will always use the most current NSLDS data when
printing ISIR records, regardless of the transaction selected.
3) CM #2900: All FAA Comments will print when the "Print FAA Comments?"
option is marked on the print dialog screen for single/multiple ISIR and
List-Processed ISIRs reports.
1) CM #2728: The Net Adjustment amount will be calculated correctly when
three or more Net Adjustments (Action Type "J") are added to the same
disbursement record via manual entry or import of an External Change or
Promissory Note Acknowledgment file.
2) CM #2758: Direct Loan External Export will no longer generate a "no
records selected" error message when attempting to export loan records with
no actual disbursement information saved using a file format code with all
Direct Loan fields selected.
3) CM #2863: Import External Change will correctly update the Field Transmit
numbers for the fields First Name, Middle Initial, Last Name, Address, City,
State, Zip, Phone Number, License State and License Number. This will then
ensure modifications to these fields are picked up during the LOC Change
4) CM #2905: Schools will no longer receive a "Reserve 1601" error message
when performing an LOC Change Export. Resolving this issue will also ensure
data flags (such as Inactive Flag, Additional Unsub?, and Interview
Completed) are not improperly or randomly set to incorrect values on the
1) CM #2858: The software will no longer generate a Windows system error
(for example, Microsoft's Dr. Watson message) when a Pell Year-to-Date (PGYR00OP) file
is received with no detail records.
2) CM #2870: The Import Edit Report for PGYR00OP files will now calculate
and display cents correctly. NOTE: The data is stored correctly in the
database and will print correctly on the List - Processed Disbursements
Year-to-Date report via File | Print | Pell.
3) CMs #2793 and #2895: Multiple Reporting Record (MRR) import files will no
longer modify a school's database or create transfer records. The files will
now generate an import edit report only.
If you have any questions, please contact CPS Customer Service at
800/330-5947 or via email at CPS@NCS.COM.
If you have technical questions about our SFA systems and software, you may
want to subscribe to our email list serve, SFATECH. For more information
about SFATECH, including how to subscribe, look online at