Summary: Resolution of the Multiple Batch Problem in the Recipient and Financial Management System (RFMS)
Author: PSS - Program Systems Service
Posted on August 31, 1999
To: All Destination Points
From: Tom Pestka, Acting Director Program Systems Service, Office of Student Financial Assistance
Subject: Resolution of the Multiple Batch Problem in the Recipient and Financial Management System (RFMS)
The problem that was causing Batch Integrity Errors when importing multiple batches has been corrected. RFMS has instituted some procedural changes and each batch will now be returned individually ratherthan in one transmission. As of today schools may resume submitting multiple batches in a single day.
Schools that previously received multiple batches that they were unable to import due to a batch integrity error may request a Year-to-Date file to update their Pell database.
If you have any questions, please contact Pell Grant Customer Service at 800-474-7268. Thank you for your patience while we continue to refine RFMS processing and procedures.
WE WILL CONTINUE TO SEND YOU STATUS REPORTS AS NEEDED
Look for them in-
- Title IV Wide Area Network (TIVWAN)
- The Information for Financial Aid Professionals (IFAP) website located at http://www.ifap.ed.gov, and
IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS
- If you have questions, comments, or concerns about RFMS, please call Pell Customer Service at 1-800/474-7268 (select option 2) or send an e-mail to #Pell_Systems@ed.gov.
- If you have questions about the 1999-2000 EDExpress Pell software, contact the Central Processing System customer service staff at 1-800/330-5947 or send an e-mail to CPS@NCS.COM.
- If you have questions about RFMS message classes or problems connecting to the network, contact the TIVWAN customer service staff at 1-800/615-1189 or send an e-mail to T4WAN@NCS.COM.
Reminder: Your TIVWAN EDConnect Desk Reference contains all the information you need about getting help by telephone or on the Internet.